Who Does There Own Taxes

Chads

Supportive Member
I'm wondering how difficult it would be for me to do them and what do you usually pay a accountant for preparing them for you. :?:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
For the time involved, it's just not worth it. My first accountant died on me after about 15 years, then I found another independent accountant who did my returns another 10 years before he retired, both charged fair sums, under $200. Lately I've been using H&R Block, and they have a slick computerized system with chimps entering your info but they charge at least twice as much as an independent accountant.

TimP

I have an accountant do ours. I paid a bunch more than that for last years but I file as a corporation not just personal. My personal was bout that much. Anyways we tried to do ours but it was way too complicated to do a corporation with buying equipment and depreciating credit cards etc. They said this year will be cheaper now that they got it all set up. We are about ready to turn it in (our books) later this month.

diamond brian

I used to do ours with the help of Turbo Tax Software. It's not hard, but it's time consuming. IMO, you can make more $ cleaning carpets than your accountant can preparing your taxes.

B Steinbach

I pay $375 for my corporate taxes and $275 for my personal taxes and have considered doing them myself, but don't for many of the reasons mentioned above.

Another big advantage to having an independent firm do them (at least for me) is that I can call anytime throughout the year and get an answer to anything tax related.

I do think it is a great idea to go through and understand everything about your taxes even to the point that you could do them yourself. If nothing else, this should help you to make better decisions about your business.

Ricky Thurman

I did my own until I went into business for myself.
Now I pay $235 for the accountant to do them.

I tried doing it myself the first year, but I didn't like the numbers I came up with. I took them to her and she saved me a few thousand because she new what she was doing.

This is how I look at it. Since I've started cleaning carpets, there are a lot of things that I used to do or at least attempted to do myself before calling a pro. Now, I see how much people f-up their carpet because they didn't want to pay somebody and thought the store bought stuff was the same stuff we use. Now, they have a big dis-colored spot in the where PheePhee went shit-shit.

Always call a professional first...that's my motto that I live by.......most of the time anyway.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Definitely not looking forward to taxes this year. Employee until 8/04/07, then owner afterwards? My acct's gon kick my ass.

Darin

I do my own taxes and always have. Done them myself since I started 7 years ago. Use turbotax online. Easy, that's what most accountants use anyway. You may well be the chimp (as referred to above) putting in the info. Time consuming, but pretty easy.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Turbotax is real easy if all you have is your carpet business and your wifes income.

I use a CPA because of a partnership I was in and now some real estate investments that got complicated, plus adoption tax credits.

My brain will catch fire if I think too much.

Back
Top Bottom