Who answers your phone? Poll please?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There was another thread earlier that asked?
why this time? Refering to why did your custy choose you.

A pretty popular one is...I ANSWER MY PHONE? Well, mom does but you get the point.

I can't tell you how many people use us because they talked to a live person.

Who answers your phone?

If we can make this a poll, that would be great.

1. Relative IE; Wife, Husband, Mom, Dad, Sista, Brudda

2. High school kid or college kid

3. Professional IE; Office manager, Receptionist

4. Yourself

5. No body, I can't be bothered. I just check my voicemail from time to time. (curses to Mikey's board for taking all my time)

G

Same as when you call some where,you dont want a machine.My wife works from home so problem solved.I will say as long as you provide great work and service they will leave a message because they do not want to use anyone else.

Kevin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Kevin P said:
Same as when you call some where,you dont want a machine.My wife works from home so problem solved.I will say as long as you provide great work and service they will leave a message because they do to use anyone else.

Kevin

This is true, I was mainly speaking of new customers.
Some of my better customers insist on using my cell phone. I almost never can answer that due to working so they leave a message.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Larry B said:
My wife or I answer the phone and if it does go to voice mail they get my cell phone number to call.

When I was starting out, I used to have it forwarded to my cell when out and about. I made a concerted effort to answer it even if I just had to tell them that I would call them back.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
When we first started over 4 years ago I put my cell number on everything including the van and truck we were running. It didnt take long to find a problem with that as people calling the cell at 2 in the morning asking if we are hiring or too see if you can come over in 3 weeks to clean a spot.

Now we have 13 people working 24 hours a day so my wife or I have to answer the cell phone alot in the middle of the night but I will never put the cell on vans or fliers/postcards again.

Since we only have it on the voice mail now and give it to all customers it dont ring near as much.

Anyway thats all off the subject. Have a good day..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Wife does all office work and phone answering....

I just drive the truck......

Josh Adler

I have 2 tech's working and myself who takes all overflow or speciality work. When i am in the office i will take the calls. If im out of the office i have one of our 2 customer service reps trained to do this in my absence.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Theresa always answers the phone. Biz number is forwarded to one of her cell phones, the other is for personal stuff.

She does have one rule: Lee is to NEVER answer the phone.

That's just the way it is, so I'd better like it.

Thanks,
Lee

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I got my little ol' black ladies trained.......

they know that i'll call 'em back from caller ID #

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Brian, regarding polls, I see you've requested a few around different parts of the forum.

It my understanding that only admin and moderators can put up poll. Eg I can only do it in the ToolBox but no where else.

In view of that, your best option would be a PM request to the moderator of that room with a request.

Just a suggestion that may be taken more kindly than the likes of what happened in the lavatory (rest. room)

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
John Middleton said:
Brian, regarding polls, I see you've requested a few around different parts of the forum.

It my understanding that only admin and moderators can put up poll. Eg I can only do it in the ToolBox but no where else.

In view of that, your best option would be a PM request to the moderator of that room with a request.

Just a suggestion that may be taken more kindly than the likes of what happened in the lavatory (rest. room)

John

Duely noted.
Damn, another good name for the Restoration room.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
This is the first year I have been answering the forwarded business calls while I work, after decades of delegating that task. A customer calls, I talk to them. I'm chillin like Magellan.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
All calls go to my cell phone which I answer if I can. Phone gets turned off at night. I do water damage 24 /7 but not at night.

Dolly

I answer my own cel phone or call back the voice mails or missed calls

Jim...........

I'll bet you work as well as drive the truck.............Sounds like all is well

G

Both Wife And Myself, 24 hr. 7 Days Week!
Only time we miss a call is when were out on the road, and there is no cell service!

AL

Moser Bros.

My fiance or myself if I'm not at a job, Vontage is great, I just foward the calls to are cell phones, no need to pay for a landline.

Rex Tyus

5. No body, I can't be bothered. I just check my voicemail from time to time.

That would be me. 8) I can always tell when I get a new customer calling. They just keep ringing and ringing me. Thinking someone will pick up. The ones that really crack me up are the ones that look up my home phone number thinking I will answer that one. :lol: :lol: .

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Usually my wife, sometimes I do, and if not then the answering machine.

Years ago when we had a phone book ad, we would forward our phone to an answering service when we were away from the phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom