Which truck mount to get?

iiGannon

Name
Gannon
We used a Butler system for 20 years and are in need of another truck mount. We have had no problems with our Butler but our wondering about the other systems. Just wanted to know about other peoples experiences with other systems. Direct drives seem the way to go but wouldn't mind hearing about the experiences with slide ins as well.

Mikey P

Administrator
  • What service do you offer on a regular basis?
  • Are you mechanical enough to do your own maintenance?
  • Does it freeze every winter in your area, and doi you go out cleaning in it?
  • What is it about the Butler that you don't like that has you considering something else?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Papa John is buying me dinner tomorrow night.

I guarantee you that your name won't come up.

Discussing the restaurant' s choice of napkins would be more interesting.
Would you still be eating dinner with PJ if he wasn't paying?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We used a Butler system for 20 years and are in need of another truck mount. We have had no problems with our Butler but our wondering about the other systems. Just wanted to know about other peoples experiences with other systems. Direct drives seem the way to go but wouldn't mind hearing about the experiences with slide ins as well.

Full disclosure: I sell truck mounts. Our business bought our first one in 1974, I sold my first one in 1979.

Butler is the competitor that I have the most respect for of all of them, and you wouldn’t go wrong to stay with them.

If you are going to go with something different than what you know, get one that has a reliable service center relatively close. Have them show you how to do routine maintenance, and ask them what items might need repair that are unfamiliar to you, and request they show you how to repair them.

Once you get the hang of it, you shouldn’t need to be their frequent guest, unless you would rather pay them to do the work for you.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Would you still be eating dinner with PJ if he wasn't paying?

I'd pay if he didn't offer

PJ and I have known each other for 20 years, he's been to my house on the coast, trusted my driving in a SXS, met me for dinner in SF and wore my T Shirt in the great wall of China, and he's the ONLY life time supportive member here.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

PJ and I have known each other for 20 years, he's been to my house on the coast, trusted my driving in a SXS, met me for dinner in SF and wore my T Shirt in the great wall of China, and he's the ONLY life time supportive member here.
I had to ask. Damon still cries about those tires

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

hogjowl

Idiot™
Full disclosure: I sell truck mounts. Our business bought our first one in 1974, I sold my first one in 1979.

Butler is the competitor that I have the most respect for of all of them, and you wouldn’t go wrong to stay with them.

If you are going to go with something different than what you know, get one that has a reliable service center relatively close. Have them show you how to do routine maintenance, and ask them what items might need repair that are unfamiliar to you, and request they show you how to repair them.

Once you get the hang of it, you shouldn’t need to be their frequent guest, unless you would rather pay them to do the work for you.
The only advertiser-poster here I listen to unconditionally.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
  • What service do you offer on a regular basis?
  • Are you mechanical enough to do your own maintenance?
  • Does it freeze every winter in your area, and doi you go out cleaning in it?
  • What is it about the Butler that you don't like that has you considering something else?
If it's cost only everything has gone up to the point of ridiculousness, except a Texas build they have some cheap options.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

Ummm...exactly what does that mean?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom