Which ICS topics do you find most annoying?

F

FB7777

For me it is the pricing threads... most annoying are when the owner operators tell multi-truck guys they are lowballing without having a clue about how various business models can work.

these myopic little pea brains are convinced that any price lower than theirs is a low ball bid

Scott

That's definitely one of my top 5 annoyances, Fred, but I'd have to say without a doubt my #1 ICS annoyance is the yearly resurgence of the "Nick-a-Claw" debate.

Please tell me the fine folks here would never dream of dragging in some jerry-rigged plastic drain gooped to a piece of PVC and actually charge a customer for using it.

The real Spotter Claw is only $140-$150 for crying out loud. It pays for itself in just a few uses and looks professional. It has better features and benefits too, like a vacuum break and a clear head to see how much gunk is being extracted.

Scott

Becker

Name
Becker
I agree with you Fred.

Before I even opened the thread I was thinking what you posted.

Not so much O/O vs multi truck.

But just owner to owner.

G

I agree with Fred.

But the ones I really don't like are when 'somebody' with no profile comes on and asks question after question but never offers any help to anybody else. Or they ask 'which TM should I get?' and next thing you know EZ TMs are mentioned and the GG bashing begins. :x

Greenie

I prefer Polish threads, they bring out the best of the industry. Where is Scott W. I wanna ask how in the hell the BP boys push Partridge and Polish at the same time?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Greenie said:
I prefer Polish threads, they bring out the best of the industry. Where is Scott W. I wanna ask how in the hell the BP boys push Partridge and Polish at the same time?

Here is the simple philosophy, Greenie. There are a lot of technically informed carpet cleaners who still have trouble making the profit they should in this business. If our customers are successful they will buy more product from us and Bridgepoint will be successful as well. What many cleaners need is better marketing. Some folks will use and benefit from Joe's stuff. Others will benefit from Howard's material. We simply want to make our customers aware of the marketing help that is available. We don't care which one they use as long as it helps grow their business.

If cleaners are successful, then BP will be succesful. Thats why they pay me to spend my days on the telephone, email and Internet trying to help cleaners with problems.

Scott Warrington

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
"What many cleaners need is better marketing."

I disagree. What cleaners need is better business and financial management skills. Marketing aint that hard, neither is cleaning.

Take care,
Lisa

roro

Name
Ross Craig
truckmount girl said:
"What many cleaners need is better marketing."

I disagree. What cleaners need is better business and financial management skills. Marketing aint that hard, neither is cleaning.

Take care,
Lisa

Can I disagree with your disagreement. If you haven't got marketing you don't need financial management.

Chicken egg or egg chicken :roll:
roro

John Buxton

Back when I was a sales rep for Rx stuff and there were a ton of independent pharmacies around, The #1 cause for an owner to go out of business was their lack of business experience. They were great mixers of drugs but lacked book keeping, marketing, store security, and cash flow skills.

F

FB7777

John Buxton said:
Back when I was a sales rep for Rx stuff and there were a ton of independent pharmacies around, The #1 cause for an owner to go out of business was their lack of business experience. They were great mixers of drugs but lacked book keeping, marketing, store security, and cash flow skills.

I thought it was due to the low reimbursement by insurance companies for drugs. CVS, Walgreens and Walmart mega pharmacies pump out 200+ prescriptions a day with little or no 'bedside' assistance to the end user.

The mom and pop pharmacies got swallowed up.

steve r

to stay off topic,

as a new start up you need to know how to market and THEN you need to know how to get out and work it.i think the hardest part is implementation, and no one can teach that unless its ojt as in holding their hand and taking them with you,otherwise you either got it or you don't.

its also tough to do consistently especially when you also do the cleaning.

then like lisa said.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom