What's your hourly rate?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Your head is over working it, Damon. It may not be as sinister as you suspect.
Just tell them that you don't work by the hour.

After all, had you wanted to do that, you'd have been a property manager :winky:

If they really want to find out they can show up and time you. And if they really think you charge too much per hour and it over weighs your value to them, they'll find someone else anyhow. Just keep making yourself an asset and a problem solver.

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
The answer is simple .. we dont have an hourly rate !!

We have a sq ft rate .. I can tell you that !!

Every job is different .. most jobs are profitable and some we take a loss !!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Ron K

Tell them no one has ever asked you that and every property manger you've ever worked with in the past loved your quality and attention to detail and that after researching it you are raising your prices.
Or what Offer said!

Name
Matt Ross
People who don't own a business just don't understand the cost of doing business. That's why I never let customers know what I make. We have janitorial accounts who have told us we could come in while employees are still working. I always kindly refuse. We work nights so they don't realize how fast we can do quality work. Either make a joke about it or avoid it.

Name
Scott Turknett
I have three numbers I try to meet or exceed at the end of every day. $100/hr from clock in to clock out, $150/hr from pulling into the customer's driveway to pulling out, and $200/hr on the clock of the machine. Usually all three of these work out to the same amount of money at the end of the day.

J. Brightwell

Name
David Moynihan
Tread lightly if it's a good client. Especially if you have a good history with the client and they have never before asked about an hourly rate. Chances are, they already have an idea of what it is; at least an approximation. Even happy commercial clients will listen to proposals from other service providers. Someone may have come in and provided a proposal that caused them to take a look at what you charge and were able to get an idea of the hourly cost. If you respond to their question, keep it pretty innocuous. Either that or go with "none of your f'ing business."

F

FB7777

IMG_0322.JPG

Reactions: Nomad74

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Meg are you a narcissist or just full of shit?

Never full of shit....I'll leave it up to you to form your own opinion on the narcissist part. Some may glean that from my posts, but if you really knew me like Marty, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

Anyone else care to weigh in on this one?

says the man who wears white socks and sandals

And plaid shirts.....you forgot the plaid shirts.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Never full of shit....I'll leave it up to you to form your own opinion on the narcissist part. Some may glean that from my posts, but if you really knew me like Marty, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

Anyone else care to weigh in on this one?

And plaid shirts.....you forgot the plaid shirts.

No narcissist would have shown the compassion and extend herself far beyond her interests as much as I've known Meg to do Jimmy.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Meg, Meg, Meg...........(sigh).
There are certain things on MB that one should learn to cherish.

For example: Marty's Seal of Disapproval, has been the industry's most sought after endorsement. Just see what happened to Sapphire ever since they won it. They've practically been minting money.

Being attacked by Jimmy, admittedly second best, is still high honor indeed. Wear it as a badge of honor.

It is praises from the world's "first live heart donor" that should have you worried. There's just no telling what that bleeding heart liberal is gonna do next :winky:

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Watch it Grasshopper. We is fighting people.

upload_2017-3-30_17-11-48.jpeg

How to Cook Grasshoppers

Grasshoppers are a crunchy, delicious treat enjoyed around the world in countries like Mexico and Uganda. Just one grasshopper contains 6 grams (0.21 oz) of protein and many people think the world should harvest more insects to help people in need of healthy, nourishing meals. As long as you cook your grasshoppers, whether boiling or frying them, they will be safe to eat and ready in minutes. If you want to know how to cook grasshoppers in a variety of ways, see Step 1 to get started.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
One time I seen Tom post on here that $100 an hour was key per tech. I always think about this when doing jobs. $200 job w 2 techs should take 1 hour. Hitting this goal or higher is what we set now. I would not let them know how much an hour we make. Just like said above, they don't realize expenses of workers comp, employee pay, chems, driving, cost of acquiring client etc. all factor in.

Name
Jeff T
One of my property management companies asked me today what my hourly rate is. When I work I like to be at about $100 per hour. It doesn't always work out, but that's the number I shoot for. I'm a little nervous to tell them because they probably have something really bad they're going to drop on me.

What would be a fair hourly rate to charge Property Management?
Tell him you don't have an hourly rate..... You do piece work...... PM's are either quality, or quantity..... I keep the quality ones, and throw out the other........ For me it works...... Did my first billionaires house today.....

Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Watch it Grasshopper. We is fighting people.

View attachment 71207
How to Cook Grasshoppers

Grasshoppers are a crunchy, delicious treat enjoyed around the world in countries like Mexico and Uganda. Just one grasshopper contains 6 grams (0.21 oz) of protein and many people think the world should harvest more insects to help people in need of healthy, nourishing meals. As long as you cook your grasshoppers, whether boiling or frying them, they will be safe to eat and ready in minutes. If you want to know how to cook grasshoppers in a variety of ways, see Step 1 to get started.
Goes well with chocolate crickets.

Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom