What is the FUTURE of Small Business?

Neva

Since tomorrow is election day....it'll be interesting to see where our country is headed.

A question to think about is What is the Future of small business? Like carpet cleaning will there always be the small guy? Will small businesses be able to afford health care? And other beni's?

I'm sure there are many other questions...so let's fire away on this topic...

Remember what you are voting for tomorrow....

Rambo

I am not voting tomorrow as I already voted by absentee ballot last week. The future of small business is better now than it has ever been. It is what this country was founded on. General Motors start in the mind of ONE man, Ford Motor Co. started with ONE man, old Henry. Microsoft started with one MAN Bill Gates. What about benifits? With the right profit structure, benefits are just another cost of running a business. Will there always be a small business for the carpet cleaner? You bet. Large companys and Corporations cannot provide the personal service you can offer, their cost of doing business is very high. You have the advantage. I have quit doing business with Home Depot and Lowes, my local hardware man gives better service, calls me by name and I am in and out in 5 minutes or less.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I agree with Rambo. The carpet cleaning business will always be to the advantage of the little guy. Because of the service aspect of it. Some other types of small businesses may not be so lucky though. That being said though, some people in government can definatly make it more difficult for us.

G

I think that small biz future looks great in the service industry sector.. but not for small biz as it relates to ma and pa retail establishments.

Good for small biz service.. bad for small biz retail... as the giants are killin em'. Its all about price there for most folks unfortunately..

I'm looking to expand.. and I think the day with all the fancy benefits is gone. It will be with me.
I'll give creative benefits.. but i 'll be damned if I pay a bunch on health care.
I'll make my employees responsible for their personal health.
I see it all the time. .a person farts.. thinks it may be cancer.. and racks up thousands in tests.

yet he smokes and drinks. If I were president.. no health care for smokers.. no exceptions.

You smoke.. you flip for it.. dont waste my time.. or any medical facility staffs time.. unless you have a fat damn wallett.

Thats my thoughts on small biz and the health care issue. lol

There will always be advantages and disadvantages to small biz. I dont see that changing.

Rex Tyus

When you factor in how much more large companies pay for workers comp, unemployment, HEALTH benefits, LIABILITY insurance, excessive markdowns, shrinkage, Managers salaries, accountant fees etc.etc. any mom and pop store that can not compete with a big box store deserves to get their ass kicked. Most would be suprised to know how frequent a local hardware store is thumping the boxes on price day in and day out. Most of the smaller merchants suffer not because of price competition, but parking and HOURS OF OPERATION.

9 TO 5:00 just doesn't cut it anymore.

WE ARE WHERE WE ARE, BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE WE CHOOSE TO BE!!!

Rex

JohnnyV

We are were we are because this country lets everyone and their brother import anything they want into this country without a Fair Tariff....And most of us just keep wanting to buy cheaper products so we fuel the fire.

Lets see the Mom and Pop Pharmacies, the few that are left, keep up with Walmart's 4.00 prescriptions.... They're aiming to run all the other pharmacies out of business....It should not be allowed. They're selling prescriptions for less than what the actual drugs cost.

Amazing how many people just don't get it.

Its become a country of Service...not much manufacturing anymore...and the Mexican Illegals are taking the service jobs. It ain't about Crop picking anymore....

Yeah,yeah, blame it on the Smoker Steve. Fat people cost this country more than all the smokers combined...You want to start on someone. Start on the Tobacco Lobbyists....and the crooked politicians that keep letting them sell that poison. I guarantee you that they'd never be able to "Start a Tobacco Company" with all the known bad things about their product. So, why do they let them continue?

Hey, What about McDonalds? and all the other Fast food joints selling that Pollyunsaturate my Ass Artery clogging shit that nearly killed me?

Once you get that Steam roller going, you might as well run over everyone!!!!

Kevin

Bis is good, Taxes are down. Things are much better than in the 90's.

There is a group of Democrats who will push for income redistribution if they get control of congress and the senate. an example of Their plan is 1) Raise Taxes. Than 2) A Person who takes home 50K a year would now take home only 35K. That extra 15k would be redistributed to people making less money. Simular to how the soviet union did things. No one gets ahead except for the party member (Gov Officials).

C

CleanLiving

That's a bit extreme Kev, nonetheless the 90's bred more millionaires than any time in recorded US history. But, it had nothing to do with which party was in power (Dems were heavily in power at this time) but rather technology, the consumer and stock market. You and I could have been president and VP stoned the entire time and the economy would have flourished.

The US is a consumer, not political, driven market.

Get a savy accountant (they are not all created equal) with your best interests in mind.

Stay abreast of the latest tax shelters and discuss them with your accountant.

Check out the Health Savings accounts as far as benifits go, there wonderful...forget the politics, they're mostly out for themselves just as we are only more-so unscrupulous.

G

Johnny V

I agree bud. . But tobacco leads the way in death I do believe.

The obesity example is a good one. .high 5 to ya. I dont know the numbers.. but tobacco leads in priority or popularity.. thats why I used it..
Hell yeah.. run over em' all with the bus.. lol

About Wal Mart.. my gal is a pharmacist with CVS..

She says wal mart will raise their prices.. its a temporary thing.. to deter attention from all the bad press their getting with dumping hours.. benefits.. no full time jobs.. etc..

its all a fluke to deter attention..

They'll raise their prices sooner than later.
they're pulling the wool over a few eyes..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom