What is the earning potential for a superstar technician?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I dont believe cleaning strips protector

So you are saying if you HWE with a truck mount (that is our method), the topical protection (Scotchgard, Teflon) still remains after cleaning and is not stripped off the carpet fiber?

Tell me more about how you came to this belief? (I'm not being a smart ass, I am genuinely curious). And anyone else want to weigh in on this?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
"Some Teflon® carpet protector is removed from the fiber from heavy traffic or aggressive cleaning. Some product may also be removed by strong cleaning agents and chemicals". So we are accurate in saying that it is stripped of during cleaning. And I would go so far to say using a truck mount and performing restoration style cleaning, that that is "aggressive" cleaning.

Therefore, Cleaning does strip the protector from the carpet (maybe not all of it....)

Regardless if it's completely removed or not , As per the Teflone site, "the general recommendation for re-application is after each cleaning".

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
In most situations the consumer waits so long for cleaning that the protection is long gone when we get there.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I dont believe cleaning strips protector - although if youre using harsh chemicals, you just may be.

Strip sounds like removing every last bit of it .. which I still do not believe and then I added although etc.

I'd agree to heavily worn carpet losing most of its protective coating if not all. But when you're cleaning a 2 yr old carpet for the first time, I'd have a hard time believing every trace of coating is removed !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom