Well it took three years for it to happen..

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
And I had my first job today that was a repeat and I, in no way at all whatsoever could remember having been there before..
How often does that happen to you?

I'm pretty much the opposite.

I often feel like " I feel like I've been here before"...:headscratch: (and haven't) or the new clients seem familiar for some reason.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
beginning stages of dementia :eekk::dejection:

can't ever recall it happening to be honest
I forget names 30 seconds after you tell me
But for some reason have uncanny recall for faces, places and things ..even stupid insignificant things too

..L.T.A.

That’s my problem people say it’s me????
Or so and so said call! You know they live on this street???

Ya I might remember if I see it!

But those are just words coming out of your mouth and I can’t visualize it right now!

30 minutes later I’ll be driving down the street, oh ya I remember now!

Mikey P

Administrator
and the other classic, when they say last time you guys did such and such..

and there was no last time, they called you by mistake

Do you fess up or play along?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

steve_64

I've not believed it was me until I clean a certain area and go oh yeah I remember that wall or chair or something.

It happens so much now sometimes I play along because of the above thinking maybe they are right. Other times I deny being there.

All depends on my mood and situation at the time.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Nothing more embarrassing than saying "nice to meet you" to a customer and then find out you've been there before. Done it a few times.

Ohhh, that's not too bad.

How about forgetting her/his name ten minutes after they told ya because of not paying attention.

Or worse...
Cleaning at a fancy lake house doing a couple fancy couches and you squat to clean the front and split the dam seem keeping your arse in the pants! :hopeless: It was horrible, ms smith was in the next room, had to clean the whole couch facing her.

Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

How about forgetting her/his name ten minutes after they told ya because of not paying attention.

Or worse...
Cleaning at a fancy lake house doing a couple fancy couches and you squat to clean the front and split the dam seem keeping your arse in the pants! :hopeless: It was horrible, ms smith was in the next room, had to clean the whole couch facing her.
Sometimes it goes the other way. I've been in homes where the customer thinks it's the first time but I know I've been there before.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've been to homes before with records in hand and not remember ever being there.
I just blame it on being on "auto pilot" the last time I was there.
You carry the hoses to the back of a job, start work and never look up till you hit the front door.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams

Or worse...

That's a bummer. Now that you mention it, there probably are a few things more embarrassing. Like the time I was rolling up my hoses outside and sharted a little bit and then had to go back inside to collect my check. Darn laxatives. My daughter will never let me forget that one.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Oh boy!
20180121_141537.jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Names I forget in an instant.

But when people give me an address I can picture the property & I know exactly what their furniture is and what their carpet was like when I was previously there.

Life is weird.

One good thing about short term memory loss is that when I walk through town, complete strangers know me & call me by my name, I make many new friends like this.

Again. :icon_redface:

:yoda:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Names I forget in an instant.

But when people give me an address I can picture the property & I know exactly what their furniture is and what their carpet was like when I was previously there.

Life is weird.

One good thing about short term memory loss is that when I walk through town, complete strangers know me & call me by my name, I make many new friends like this.

Again. :icon_redface:

:yoda:
I often get people coming up to me in shopping malls, etc. Or waving at me as I drive by. When they are good looking women, it drives my wife nuts. "How do you know her"? It's just a customer but I still get those dirty looks sometimes

Reactions: SamIam and Shorty

1900 North

Name
Richard Swan
Mike, your post made me laugh out loud! Hokey Smokes, it scares me the number of homes I don't remember. 30 years in I could remember every house and their rooms. The past 10 years, not so much. So glad to know it happens to others!

Reactions: Mikey P

Ron K

Makes me think about all the shitty cleaners are out there making money and staying in business not because they remembered the beige berber but they remembered the customers name.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a customer that I cleaned when I was with Coit prior to being pregnant then being pregnant then cleaning around the sleeping baby then watching the baby grow up getting hugs from the child that she grew then watching the husband die then being invited to the wedding her new husband now the daughters off at college and my son is cleaning their carpet ..kind of Neato..

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
BradFenstermaker
Most of the time I now them by there dog. Many four legged customers have grey beards just like me know.

I can look at there name on invoice and forget it 2 rooms later.

Would feel better if I actually still smoked weed everyday or at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom