Jay Wags
1000000756.jpg

Tech didn't check just cleaned it IMG_20230928_113955.jpg

Reactions: SamIam

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
IMO It's not ruined.- We clean them often.
apply brown-out treatment, aka Coffee remover aka Haitian cotton cleaner. Dwell until browning disappears. rinse again with less water and Remove ALL the water. speed dry with fans, hot room, dehues.

Name
Nate W.
It responds positively to alkalinity.. I'm not saying use high ph.. I have been using ChemMax Rayon rug shampoo and it has been helping with cleaning and leaving a softer hand.. My results are from doing a full wash, not surface cleaning..

Yes getting the water out of a viscose rug is the hardest part.. Flipping it over as it dries helps to keep the wicking in check.. I do use a centrifuge to extract, unless it 's a bleeder then I will wand extract, then diaper to help with stamping in the centrifuge.. I was a press wringer sooo bad!

Luky

Name
Mario
It responds positively to alkalinity.. I'm not saying use high ph.. I have been using ChemMax Rayon rug shampoo and it has been helping with cleaning and leaving a softer hand.. My results are from doing a full wash, not surface cleaning..

Yes getting the water out of a viscose rug is the hardest part.. Flipping it over as it dries helps to keep the wicking in check.. I do use a centrifuge to extract, unless it 's a bleeder then I will wand extract, then diaper to help with stamping in the centrifuge.. I was a press wringer sooo bad!
I had a few, Made in Turkey, wool/ viscose rugs, and so far( knock on the wood), I haven't had a bad experience. I use Fine fiber shampoo or Haitian cotton(I love the coconut scent), a black brush on Oreck, not letting it sit on the rug(just walking it on the surface), and floating it with two air movers after cleaning. Most of the time, the carpet is dry in 20 minutes. I can use the same technique, and with the upside-down position, the rug will benefit from gravity and float drying.
My first-hand ( bad) experience with a rug plant assures me that Cimex or CRB is not the way to treat viscose fiber. I suspect that the absence of a wringer and centrifuge was the core issue resulting in a harmful browning
( rust look alike ) and lopsided rug ( hanging from the pole rather than laid on the surface). Despite the loss, I learned a valuable lesson that will help me treat the rugs ( and their owners ) with utter respect).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom