Truckmount install question

MerCrewser

When installing the machine and the reels, the mounting holes don't always find the high ridge on the van floor. What are your thoughts on how to handle this?

It looks like they just jet zipped down any way, but the ridges on a transit seem much higher than an express van.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
You can buy spacers for the floor. They look like massively thick washers that will match the height you are looking for. Industrial supply places will have them. I have a nice pile of them from when I take shelfs or bulkheads out of the new vans.

Reactions: MerCrewser

MerCrewser

Also, went with the drip pan and I had just about everything linexed.

IMG_4597.PNG

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Also, went with the drip pan and I had just about everything linexed.

View attachment 83468
I can't really tell but it looks like you put your machine in a bath tub? You didn't really do that right? Tell me there are drain holes or something to not have your machine sitting in a pool of water and oil and whatever gets spilled in there that you won't be able to wash out?

MerCrewser

John, you don't recognize the standard stainless steel drip pan? Why would I install a truckmount in standing water?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok that other picture looked as if it was square all the way around sorry it was a trick of the light. Sorry and you would be surprised what people do. I had a customer that had a pan that had a 2" wall all the way around it and that's what it looked like in that first picture. the lighting threw me off. As far as drip pans we never use them. They are moisture barriers and trap everything under them. With the floor lined you can wash out the van and not worry with the pan when you wash it out the water gets trapped under them and eventually, the lining will bubble then fail

MerCrewser

I'm duplicating what worked so well on my 1998 chevy/performer 405. 9k hours and 200k miles and no rust. The air flows under the drip pan because of the ridges built into the floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom