Today sucked

Name
Swani
Is your name Matt?

While it wasn't fun living through your morning, everything happens for a reason.. You wouldn't have found out the heat went out to the shop if you found the tire chuck.. Count ya blessings Swani! I know the feeling all too well..

If it wasn't for bad luck or hard luck, I'd have no luck!
This is a great perspective Nate, thank you. I'm feeling more positive now after I laid down and took a nap. My mind was just overwhelmed.

Name
Swani
My Power Stroke diesel has been starting great everyday. It was -30 when I went out and started it this morning. I did fill it with #1 fuel and put some Stanadyne additive in it and I think that makes a big difference.

Reactions: FredC

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Reactions: Brian H
Name
Swani
Will you share the diesel heater? Where to buy and how much?
I see there are several options now. Especially on the TikTok Shop for around $100 dollars. I purchased mine through Amazon. The only upgrade I would do is try to make it to draw off a 5 gallon jig.
Screenshot_20240114_100848_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Name
Nate W.
I see there are several options now. Especially on the TikTok Shop for around $100 dollars. I purchased mine through Amazon. The only upgrade I would do is try to make it to draw off a 5 gallon jig.
View attachment 125802

You need to change to the nylon fuel line as well.. That green line has caused fires..

Hcalory is the better brand of those Chinese Diesel Heater..

Name
Swani
You need to change to the nylon fuel line as well.. That green line has caused fires..

Hcalory is the better brand of those Chinese Diesel Heater..
That's good to know. I'm actually looking at this Webasto for my Promaster that runs on gas. I wasn't to sure about them, but I've been reading tons of good reviews......But maybe the guys that had bad reviews blew up? 🤔

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
That's good to know. I'm actually looking at this Webasto for my Promaster that runs on gas. I wasn't to sure about them, but I've been reading tons of good reviews......But maybe the guys that had bad reviews blew up? 🤔

Damn, that's one expensive heater.. Those Chinese diesel heaters run 30hours on 1 gallon of diesel.. That Webasto looks good and would probably be easier than running dual fuels..

I don't use a heater for anything other than drying rugs.. I have 5 military space heaters that are 140k btu each.. I bought 2 at first for $300, then a lot came up and I bid $50 on it with the intention of someone outbidding me.. Now I got 5.. I know 1 works for sure as I put it through the paces..

Reactions: Living The Dream

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob! Welcome back!
How’s the wife?
Remember back ....how you HATED those stupid old people wit all the stupid little plastic O2 hoses.....all over

Well I iz one now....

We had to go back one last time.to clean the "loose pieces " and "leaks"
She got the big concentrater plus a little purse size to carry around.....
I can't tell you how mean this whole ordeal has made her....she stared at the large abyss and came back...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Looking back, I can only remember one old person whom I didn’t like. Even with her I was respectful. I recognized the source of her meanness. I’m glad because I now endure some of what affected her. As for you, you’re probably only now receiving what you have earned. May she torment you many days.
Funny....

Luky

Name
Mario
A week ago a customer called and needed their home cleaned that they were selling. They were in the process of moving and wanted to wait until closer to the closing date to have it cleaned. They were supposed to have everything moved. Today roles around and it's -20°F and nothing is moved, they didn't want to move the cleaning date because of closing, so I explained that I needed to have a clear path and would need to get in and keep the water moving to prevent freeze-up.

Well, I got there, and nothing was moved; they want me to clean 4 area rugs that were never discussed. They needed help moving stuff, blah blah blah, and then my machine froze up, and I ripped my sliding door handle off my Promaster.

Not a good day!
I feel your pain; everything slows down at temperatures below zero. I had only four jobs at 0 ° last week, all under 100 feet. My solution hoses are thermoplastic, 120 and 150 feet long, so no QDs lying on the ground. I connect the hose after the engine runs for a while, and the heat is sufficient ( only a few minutes ), and I run inside and start spraying. It indeed takes only a minute or less for freezing to take place. In temps well below zero, it is better to run on lower heat because hot QD on the machine will also freeze along with a bleeder hose.
I'll work at 100-plus temperatures instead.
Unfortunately, customers look after themselves only.

A few days ago, a long-time customer called and asked for water removal after a burst pipe caused havoc in his gym. I asked two questions: 1. Is the source of the problem fixed?
The answer was Yes
2. How many square feet were affected, and is the carpet sloshy when you walk on it?
Both answers end up being a lie. Go figure...

Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A few days ago, a long-time customer called and asked for water removal after a burst pipe caused havoc in his gym. I asked two questions: 1. Is the source of the problem fixed?
The answer was Yes
2. How many square feet were affected, and is the carpet sloshy when you walk on it?
Both answers end up being a lie. Go figure...
Water extraction during freezing temps is worse than HWE cleaning.

The water will freeze up in the vac hose and if the water in your transfer pump isn't flowing, it freezes as well

Reactions: Brian H and Luky

Luky

Name
Mario
Water extraction during freezing temps is worse than HWE cleaning.

The water will freeze up in the vac hose, and if the water in your transfer pump isn't flowing, it freezes as well
Last winter, it happened just that. I had to clean two sectionals, and with less water moving, the vacuum hose became a snow cone🤣. I wasn't able to finish the second sectional. This winter, so far, so good.
I will be out there tonight
( 19 °) without any problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom