time to rethink things

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
And everyone who has input would be greatly appreciated.

My original reason for getting a truck was simple. I had to contract out too much work in my own buildings.

Secondly. I bought a 2009 Chevy 1 ton with a 405 in it. Tanks reels and shelves. 3 years ago I got it for 16 Grand. To date it has 31k miles on it.

the janitorial franchise system is a roller coaster ride for sure. You can never predict what your income would be within 6 months. Most of the time they were able to produce work for me which helps supplement my income. However a year later they bought 8 portable units and those days were over.

I tried yellow book (yea yes yes dave you were right. Shut up) with minimal success. So after having to slow years of commercial work in a failure in the residential market through Yellow Pages advertising I virtually done in the way of work to brag about.

I would like to be able to sustain what I have with the franchise the company. There's always a business there for me and always work to pick up and take on here or there. But ultimately my goal would be to have a residential carpet cleaning business run by myself, & I managed my evening business with the franchise.

seeing that this is a lengthy read I will leave it as this for now. I'm sure there's several questions you guys have and what I'm trying to do and hopefully we'll be able to figure it out. But it's definitely time for me to reprioritize my goals in life. I have the equipment I have the know-how and I have the ability to do it

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
So you have an existing janitorial franchise?
and all the carpet cleaning equipment?

Why not sell more commercial carpet/tile work, then you could also cherry pick the best janitorial accounts.

Can tell you from personal experience trying to run a day business and night business will wear you the hell out.
I would focus on selling commercial carpet jobs for now.

If i understand your post...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
But ultimately my goal would be to have a residential carpet cleaning business run by myself,
Ross I'd start out with figuring out what are the best neighborhoods in the market are you want to cover. Then I'd decide on a budget of what you want to spend and put together a series of EDDM mailings to those in the target area. Once a month for three months, you decide on how many to mail depending on your budget. After the first three months you can move on to another area but mail at least twice a year to the original group.

If you don't feel like you capable of an EDDM I'd have someone do it for you. Contact John Braun and have him do it for you.

http://www.hitmanadvertising.com/blog/category/eddm/

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Back
Top Bottom