They say your price is too much.

danpauselius

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we are unwilling to lower our service standards in order to lower the price. I'm sure you will be able to find quite a few in the Yellow pages who would be willing to do that for you. Please remember, you can always give us a call back if you change your mind or if you need a problem resolved.

Have a great day.

Greg Loe

Well? if we don't move the couch and love seat, and stick to just the center open areas and major walking paths that will cut $$$ off the total. That should make it fit with in your budget. What do you think? would that work for you? :wink:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"And you say:"

"we're also one of the best"

or if it's a small job I don't give a chit about, I say,

call so'n so, he's cheap

..L.T.A.

Scott

With a smile:

"I'm sorry but you're asking for something we don't offer - cheap and quick cleaning. If you're interested in hiring the best at a bit higher price, here's my number."

Scott

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Sometimes, ya just gets what ya pays for.

Or,

Well, they have to pay me, and that ain't cheap!

Or,

I gave you an honest price. I won't tell you each spot will be extra, or actually cleaning the carpet using detergent will cost extra once I get there to clean. In other words, I won't give you a dishonest price to get my toe in the door, and then try to jack up the price once I'm there. You may be able to find a good cleaner that is hard up for work that will work cheap, but there's usually a catch to low ball pricing.

G

"Oh, man! Well, maybe we can take a room or two off the invoice and clean them on a later date. You want to do that?"

"Yes? Great!"

"No? Ok, you have my number, feel free to give me a call if you have any more questions. Have a nice day."

And then I give 'em a smack on the bottom as I slowly swagger back to my van.

Rex Tyus

It may be more than you are willing to pay (or can afford, depending on my mood) but it is not too much. Our price is relevant to the level of clean we provide.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I thank them for having me out to see them and thank them for their time. Then I stand there silent for an uncomfortable amount of time. If they don't lead me to the door, they start to talk to me. Frequently that leads to a sale.

GRHeacock

I would say- "The best quality cost more."

OK, I did not get them all. However. since the majority of new potential customers came by referral, they were familiar with my work from their referral source.

So, money was not usually a sticking point.

Scott

Jeff Madsen said:
I thank them for having me out to see them and thank them for their time. Then I stand there silent for an uncomfortable amount of time. If they don't lead me to the door, they start to talk to me. Frequently that leads to a sale.

Ah yes......the 'old Harvey Mackay trick....

Hadn't thought of instituting that tactic during a price objection, but it's worth a shot. Good thinking, Jeff.

Scott

RichardnTn

Do you tell your local grocer that when you go thru the checkout ?
or your pharmicist that he's to high and then he adjust his price to accomadate you.....Richard R

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"We appreciate the opportunity of allowing us to bid, if you should ever need our service, don't hesitate to call."

Then turn and say to yourself (not audible) "You cheap a**, basta*d, KMA & don't ever call me again".

You'll feel alot better! :wink:

Well mam/sir, If I may ask, What did you have in mind to spend today? If he/she answers, I know they want the service but may not be able to spend that much at this time and that's ok. So I will work it out by reducing the area to be cleaned ECT. If she is hesitant about or avoids the question, she doesn't want to pay your price(price shopper). That tells me that we fell short somewhere in our communications with him/her during the pre-qualification or booking process.

Greenie

What? no coupon?

Ya gotta have a $6.95 a room coupon in your clipboard.

"mam, I understand, my price is outside of your budget, here is a coupon for a guy who works really cheap"

That usually started the conversation all over again.

the PennySaver has some value :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom