The advantage of having prices on your site!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
What is your bounce rate (the % of visitors who immediately exit your site after arriving) Will? I am at the top of Google as well and have some 5 star reviews so we have some similarities.

57% bounce rate with an avg of 2:40 spent on the home page. Next biggest click through is to our online booking page.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Now with the new Google update, we are up over 57% on organic search results. Last 30 days shows over 5,600 impressions being shown in organic results and on map search results.

I just started advertising again on Facebook, not much, but just to keep our presence and brand awareness. No wonder these guys want like $1,000 a month to get people on first page of Google. It does get the phone ringing.

My budget for Google SEO: $0. Well, depending on what my time is worth to do little things here and there, that's about it.

Reactions: ruff and EDS

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
John, did you notice any difference in closing rate?
Also, did you lower your rates at the same time? I thought you mentioned it but I am not sure.

I lowered my rates slightly last year after too much flake about raising my prices too high a few months earlier..

As for what it did for my closing rate I'm not sure-and I guess I don't care- I just know I'm not bothered as much with cheapa$$ callers looking for the lowest price.

I haven't answered the phone in over 10 years-- except for a few Cameo appearances.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
One of the biggest things I regret not doing each year is raising prices on Carpet. I've raised on everything else, but in almost 5 years only raised carpet twice.

That changed today. I raised another $5 to $50 and over 250sq ft. to $70 per room. That price in our area is high unfortunately and is now in line with larger companies (Stanley, HeavensBest, ZeroRez) etc. are charging. I've always been worried about the phone not ringing so skeptical to raise.

Reactions: ruff and EDS

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Ross, I am not quite sure that I get it.
My understanding is that most people did not query you pricing on the site that does display pricing. Less hassle for you I assume.
However, did you notice any difference in the closing rate, compared to the site that do not display pricing and people have to call you?

Hi Ofer,
What I was getting at was that people do not look at the pricing on that site. The reason is that they just ask me how much after I have had a chat with them - some don't even ask price they just book it. Last time I ran a check my closure rate on domestics ran at better than 80% of calls received. I haven't differentiated closure rates between the sites.
Our closure rate on commercial is over 50%.
roro

EDS

Name
Ed
Will be advertising my prices on my web site tomorrow. 66 per area including:

-pre vacuuming
- dry crb deep penetration (not in those words)
-spot and stain removel
-pre spray
- mechanical agitation
-extraction with Nuetralizer and deodorizer if wanted
-scotch guarding (will take a loss on scotch guard but can still upsell furniture protection at a high rate...need a price reference point still...)

EDS

Name
Ed
Done. Will make it top shelf for sure...now
(Will fight urge to make sweeping all inclusive statements)

EDS

Name
Ed
I will tell...but also will show...

Zieg hail (don't be ignorant and google the meaning before you call me a nazi...)to my movie going furor...YOUTUBE

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sieg heil literally means hail victory. Because it was used so extensively by the Nazis it has become a very offensive term and the only people who use it today are wannabe Nazis.

EDS

Name
Ed
What can I say I want to be a premium pig too... and yes I am Canadian. You know what that means right? You can beat me up and I will apologize for your knuckles be scrapped and scarred because you just pummeled my face...

We are very polite. But we will kill you with our kindness...

EDS

Name
Ed
Sieg heil literally means hail victory. Because it was used so extensively by the Nazis it has become a very offensive term and the only people who use it today are wannabe Nazis.
Thank you Ron for clarifying for our less educated and ugliest members hailing from Atalanta...lol

hogjowl

Idiot™
What can I say I want to be a premium pig too... and yes I am Canadian. You know what that means right? You can beat me up and I will apologize for your knuckles be scrapped and scarred because you just pummeled my face...

We are very polite. But we will kill you with our kindness...
And confused the hell out of us with your "humor ".

EDS

Name
Ed
Your probably as confused about my humor as I am about my sexuality...wtf does that even mean???

EDS

Name
Ed
And confused the hell out of us with your "humor ".
I don't even understand myself. I trolled myself in a thread that I created today about carpet protector.

But it was through feedback and me thinking about it while I was cleaning/fixing (rear back door was not unlocking...very fun when all your hose reels are on the drivers side. And when you took of the back panel and screwed a million screws in it to support the weight of 200ft of solution hose) my van.

Probably would not thought about it as much if I had not posted it. Your wisdom is infinite but your patience is not. With that in mind, my questions are prioritized...

EDS

Name
Ed
Dear diary,

Feeling alone and abbandend in this world....so I'm just going to kick back and listen to a Canadian icon...aka Jan Arden ...hit single innsensative....

Signed...

Broken heart...

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Now with the new Google update, we are up over 57% on organic search results. Last 30 days shows over 5,600 impressions being shown in organic results and on map search results.

I just started advertising again on Facebook, not much, but just to keep our presence and brand awareness. No wonder these guys want like $1,000 a month to get people on first page of Google. It does get the phone ringing.

My budget for Google SEO: $0. Well, depending on what my time is worth to do little things here and there, that's about it.

Wait.... weren't you just last year on here telling everyone who would listen (including doing a webcast) how FB was God's gift to carpet cleaners?

Now you are saying you quit at some point and you are restarting just to keep your "brand awareness"?

That's exactly why I take EVERYTHING I hear from the "experts" with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads

Wait.... weren't you just last year on here telling everyone who would listen (including doing a webcast) how FB was God's gift to carpet cleaners?

Now you are saying you quit at some point and you are restarting just to keep your "brand awareness"?

That's exactly why I take EVERYTHING I hear from the "experts" with a grain of salt.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads

EDS

Name
Ed

Oh be nice. Read the thread (have not listened to pod cast...but don't slight a guy for being pasonatine about sharing knowledge from his world.

I think all computer knowledge is fluid and depends on your market. Been lurking these threads for a bit about Facebook.

And always take everything with a grain of salt unless you want your carpets cleaned by the best carpet cleaner in the tri-city area... that's me...

Mikey P

Administrator

He was the only FB advertiser at the time..

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will

Don't get me wrong. Facebook is still god. But when you can rank top page and top spot on google why pay for FB advertising when that is booking up all the trucks? If we were slow, I would easily go back to FB advertising to book up. So my advice: if you still aren't booked up and hungry for business, FB will book your schedule asap. (Done right).

And yes... there's a shit ton of advertisers on FB now, but you can still drown them out by $pending. What I was pointing out is with the google top ranking, there is no point of me spending $2,500 a month on FB at this point. I still post to it, especially Instagram.

Last edited:

steve_64

Facebook is like newspapers in the past. It's the shotgun approach.

The jobs I'm getting from Google seem to be a much better quality client.

I don't think the higher income folk are on Facebook as much. Maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom