Tendonitis

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've been nursing my left arm for 20 months. Wearing a Band-It compression support helps a lot. Accupuncture and massage therapy did nothing. Too much Ibuprofin has done a number on my stomach.

My left arm is a little better after 20 months. My doc sez it takes two years to heal. "Continue wearing the Band-It and let me know if you want cortazone injection(s)." But I've heard that cortazone usually provides only temporary relief and can cause permanent damage.

Last week my right arm blew/ tore. Been wearing a Band-It on each arm and toughing it out cause I can't afford to not work.

I use an RX, not a wand. Upholstery and stair tools seem to aggravate the condition the most.

Anyone else with this condition? What have you found to help?

Jayson

I do. But only in my wrists, hands and fingers. Saw a sports medicine doc about 4 years ago due to the cronic pain in hands. I thought it was arthritis but was told it was tendinitis.
Doc said the only thing to fix it was to stop using my hands to work or wear these stupid braces every night that keep my hands and fingers still along with an anti inflammatory.
Best way to describe my pain is constant aching of the hands and sharp pains ( like stabbing ) on top my hands.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Just heard several 4-5 foot thresher sharks were pulled from the surf today. Would like to reel one in. They're real fighters.

But it would take a toll on my forearms. As would shooting my bow. As would playing guitar.

Whine, whine.

Not really complaining. Doin' real good otherwise. Just looking for a way to make it as good as possible.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John La Rue said:
Upholstery and stair tools seem to aggravate the condition the most.

Anyone else with this condition? What have you found to help?

yep, in my elbow and wrist.
Same as you, it's aggravated most when doing upl

What I've found to work best?
Let Cody or ShaneTodd do it.
Otherwise, it will be chronic as long as you're doing it all-de-time.

maybe try a different upl tool, too.
I've only demoed the dri-master tool, but not having to key a trigger off and on all the time would help some, I bet.

If your stomach can't tolerate ibuprofen or other NSAIDs (aspirin or naxproxin) your other alternative is steroids.
I'm ASSuming you're not taking the ibuprofen on an empty stomach?
Maybe have your doc give you a scrip for Relafin and give that a try.
It's a NSAID too

Your doc can prescribe you narcotics too.
They're not anti inflammatory drugs like NSAIDs and steriods, but they can give relief from pain and allow you to work

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
545-7514.jpg

Horse Liniment.......

The absolute best stuff around.........been using it for years...
it is not just for horses you can buy this over the counter at most drug stores........

tim

I had a real problem with it for several months. It started when I started using the rv360 instead of the rx20. The solution trigger and motor trigger are reversed and it gave me fits. I changed the motion of my grip using 1 finger to lay solution instead of my whole hand. I also concentrated on not gripping as hard and I sprayed wd40 on the triggers to make them easier to squeeze. Overall, I think relaxing my grip and trying to use 1 finger, alternating fingers periodically did the trick. In a few months, the problem was gone. In the meantime I used braces, stretching, 2 advil 3 times a day and muscle cream several times a day to get me through. It is miserable, I sympathize.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tim said:
In the meantime I used braces, stretching, 2 advil 3 times a day and muscle cream several times a day to get me through. It is miserable, I sympathize.

You made a good a point I didn't mention, Tim

"stretching" and warm up will help.

I've also found, not all masso therapists are created equal.
The one that "hurt" me the most when I left the place, gave the best relief

..L.T.A.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
I have the same problem. If your wrist and hands hurts. You must ice your elbow. The nerves in your elbow control the nerves in those areas. Ice your elbow for 20 minutes 2 times a day and you will bee the improve ment. I do not ice it anymore. You need to bring down the swelling in the nerve ending.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
my wife has tendinitis and works on rugs all day long. She did the usual see the doctor and prescription anti-inflammatory & pain killer drugs that tore up her stomach which for her was about as bad as tendinitis itself. What worked for her is Ginger tablets, i don't really know how it works and it takes a week or so for it to help it's worked better for her than any of the prescription crap.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
I would say that time is the answer take it as easy as possible,and nurse it through.

I tried ice therapy, Drugs/Shots, we immobilized it for 3 mos,and physical therapy. This was the advice from the Doc.

Chiropractor tried acupuncture and Hot rocks.

Nothing seemed to change my recovery. Yes I always wore the band on my forearm.

It took about 18 months for it to quit bothering me everyday. Now I keep the band in the truck and if I need it, it's there!

Tony

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Tony Neville said:
I would say that time is the answer take it as easy as possible,and nurse it through.

I tried ice therapy, Drugs/Shots, we immobilized it for 3 mos,and physical therapy. This was the advice from the Doc.

Chiropractor tried acupuncture and Hot rocks.

Nothing seemed to change my recovery. Yes I always wore the band on my forearm.

It took about 18 months for it to quit bothering me everyday. Now I keep the band in the truck and if I need it, it's there!

exactly the same here. it's been nearly 4 years and i nearly have it licked. 3 cortizone shots did squat, maybe made it worse.?.

i switched from HWE to VLM because of it.

tried all the above crap and then some....prolotherapy being another...didn't work for me.

LOW weight exercise, stretching, rest, stopped doing what made it flare up and a magnetic bracelet from this company is what has got me where it is today:

the magnet doesn't cure or fix anything. it simply breaks up the pain signal. but for me it does it immediately. u feel the ache when i don't have it on. http://tinyurl.com/yuptnx

thanx --- Derek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom