starting my pursuit of Video Testimonials/5 benefits below

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it will put a face on the ad campaign
You need to make people realize you aren't a cold business and by having people who you have done work for come out and say, "this company is great" really should prove effective for me

It makes the pitch more interesting
Having a person tell a person the service they receive is much more convincing to a potential customer than a written testimonial. Now I wouldn't take away the written testimonials because some aren't going to watch the video but you can quote from the video which is will probably be better than the reviews we get mailed back to us because when some speak better than print.

Makes your service clearerA nice video is gives the same benefit as a lecturerer does to a text book by improving understanding of your product. Their is a better chance the potential customer will have a clearer understanding of the type of service you provide because Mrs Piffleton just told them what she got from your company instead of trying to comprehend it through possibly vague or boring copy. The personal touch is huge

Emphasis on services benefits
Probably a greater chances of a future customer using your business a video testimonial than reading the text on the website. When a visitor goes to your website they will see how it helped a certain previous customer. The facial expressions, emphasis on words caution in the voice for warnings all accentuate the effect of the words which doesn't happen in text.

Hearing is always more effective than reading
It is easier to get someone to listen and watch than have them read, some don't have the patience. Most haven't even made it through this post

I am headed out with my flip video which may not provide the type of professional video than a stage testimonial but I think will give a much more Real feeling. I also have an mp3 recorder that I used for my comedy shows and will be working on voice testmonials for those who prefer to not have video floating aroun

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: starting my pursuit of Video Testimonials/5 benefits bel

What are you going to use for a camera?
Will you do it right after the job or set up a special appointment? (maybe get a few regulars to do it)

I would have a tag line at the end of each video...."My name is ---- and I approve this video" or something like that.

I would also ask to take video of the before cleaned carpet.

Then have the customer standing next to the newly cleaned area ...catch them while their hot.

They could then give your testimonial while you pan back and forth to the newly cleaned area.

Make sure they mention the business name....mayb even the Technicians name (put a photo of the technician near the video on your site as well)

I think that a decent video camera without too much editing and production would work well to "keep it real"

The only edit should be the before to after shot and MAYBE a quick promo at the end of the video like "See what Xtreme Clean can do for you"

I'm looking forward to seeing your first one Greg.

OH, and keep every video under a minute...most will lose interest even in the best videos.
Also list the length of the vid on the site with a "watch our short video reviews"

Keep them wanting more.

Mikey P

Administrator

cool, this is like one of those rare I Love Lucy episodes where Ricky and Lucy actually get along.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

What are you going to use for a camera?
Flip as mentioned above

Will you do it right after the job or set up a special appointment? (maybe get a few regulars to do it)
Regular customers first that I am just going to stop by for the testimonial

I would have a tag line at the end of each video...."
"I didn't just get them cleaned, I got them Xtreme Cleaned

My name is ---- and I approve this video" or something like that.
They will say who they are at the beginiing

I would also ask to take video of the before cleaned carpet.
with the exception of scheduled jobs the first ones haven't had work done in a few weeks

Make sure they mention the business name....mayb even the Technicians name (put a photo of the technician near the video on your site as well)
I think that a decent video camera without too much editing and production would work well to "keep it real"
No editing, short authentic video

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Bundy said:
I am headed out with my flip video which may not provide the type of professional video than a stage testimonial but I think will give a much more Real feeling. I also have an mp3 recorder that I used for my comedy shows and will be working on voice testmonials for those who prefer to not have video floating aroun

My only concern, Greg, would be to avoid even remotely making people (even good customers) feel pressured to be videoed. In fact, I'd love to know how people achieve this when asking people for their "testimonials".

Steve "I'm no guru" Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Ditto on keeping them short. I'd even suggest 30 seconds max. That is a long time for a web surfer.

NOTE: Be sure to call them "reviews", not testimonials. At least that is my opinion.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

It's not so much the words you use to ask...it's the manner in which you ask.

I can't type out how I would do it...but it needs to be very "I've had some other customers do video reviews and it worked out great" kind a way.

Tongue in cheek, sorta fun.....Not everyone has that personallity...but I would think most customers would be ok with it.

Really, it needs to be that customer that is very very happy and is going on and on about how clean it looks and smells. etc etc.

So in essence, ALL my customers. !gotcha!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I have had so many people offer to do this that I have told them if I ever do I will get back to you. I am starting with the businesses that I do first. I am so active in my community alot of my customers have truly become my friends and plenty of my friends have become customers

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I personally have always thought the video testimonials look somewhat tacky, but hey, if it works for you, knock yourself out. I like the referral between friends.

Becker

Name
Becker

Call them clients, not customers.. shiteatinggrin :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Call them films not videos.... :roll:

I've switched most everything to say "reviews" except a couple URLs.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

that is one I read but many others and I merged them with disneys ad plus campaign and a couple others.

I don't have all the info, I do look all over for it and form my own opinions

This posting from a guy who got busted continuing to use an old adress and updating the account knowing he was being a fraud. Good luck Dave

I will get a bibliography together of all the articles I read on this Okay Dave. You can stop claiming to be located where you aren't once your gone and in a dispute with Mr Landlord

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

is this the right way or wrong way to ask for a testimonial

Hi Ms. Blanked out,

As you know you are one of my favorite customers and have a very outgoing personality and wasn't sure if you would be interested in either doing a 30 second Flip video for my website or just writing a review for me, Unless the services really sucked then I would prefer you not mention it to ANYONE.

As you know as of last year I have been expanding my business (I will still going to be the cleaner on all accounts that I had previous to 2009 which includes your home) but am seeking help from some of my customers in letting people know the service I provide. I also hired a copywriter so if you get a crisp clean written email from me, it really wasn't from me.

Thanks in advance and I have a million dollar idea for you but you have to text me to get it.

Name
Bruce

Bundy said:
is this the right way or wrong way to ask for a testimonial

Hi Ms. Blanked out,

As you know you are one of my favorite customers and have a very outgoing personality and wasn't sure if you would be interested in either doing a 30 second Flip video for my website or just writing a review for me, Unless the services really sucked then I would prefer you not mention it to ANYONE.

As you know as of last year I have been expanding my business (I will still going to be the cleaner on all accounts that I had previous to 2009 which includes your home) but am seeking help from some of my customers in letting people know the service I provide. I also hired a copywriter so if you get a crisp clean written email from me, it really wasn't from me.

Thanks in advance and I have a million dollar idea for you but you have to text me to get it.
:lol: :lol: Greg I'm not sure if you're being serious or not but this had me laughing out loud pretty hard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom