So did you create an upholstery cleaning problem?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Thank you very much for such a clear explanation Jim. We buy in glacial and dilute for use in our rug cleaning but hadn't thought of using it on upholstery
roro

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Jim or others…

Silly question but does distilled water lose its effect with time? Does it have a shelf life?
Keeping it in the truck in hot summer days or cold winter days effect it's gentle strength?

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That's not at all a silly question. Distilled water is "hungry" for solids, and if you were using it for scientific or dietary purposes, you might not want to keep it in plastic, as it will take on some of the chemistry from the plastic. For those uses, glass is better.

For your purposes, plastic is fine. Just don't put it in a sprayer you use for other purposes. Use a clean sprayer (really clean, or start new) that is only for distilled water. All plastic, nothing metal.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Thank you. For optimization, I'll store in a glass sprayer.
In the olden days from talking to an Ole Timer cleaner coach/friend (Rodney), glass spray bottles were used back then.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If I don't change the sheets often enough I can't meet you somewhere for dinner? I'm so confused...

Marty has been attending the Mikey School of Cryptic Comments (MSCC). You're a reader: Its like interpreting the Oracle at Delphi...

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Husband got two free chairs o'boy!

Wife needed a good explaining that her free chairs were damaged goods and not to expect a miracle.

IMG_2596.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG
IMG_2599.JPG
IMG_2600.JPG
IMG_2601.JPG
IMG_2605.JPG

The last picture shows the one on left cleaned one in right pre sprayed awaiting rinse.

Mixed chemspec rust remover 50/50 for the rusty buttons, presprayed with Cobbs upholstery prespray with a splash of brightner. Rinsed with last step and a couple scoops of natural fiber cleaner.

Used upholstery pro tool, looked 90% better with some permanent staining.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya I explained to my customer a lot of the rings were do to spotting the fabric, that if you don't wet out the whole area it will do that.

Plus a coffee spill if your to aggressive will leave a brighter ring where the stain was.

I did end up hitting those stains with Cobbs brightner, but I dilute it 50/50 and then extract rinsed. If you were to throw them out side in the sun they would really pop.

But the peroxide could over bleach the stain.

I look at it this way an obvious stain, the coffee, or a faded stain slightly discolored area around it.

Either way she needs to have some covers made for the arms, this fabric shows everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom