sink or swim ( the suicide mission)

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am thinking of leaving my full time job to clean full time. I am doing close to the same business I make at my job but not quite. I hate my day job so much I am half tempted to just quit and see what happens. I have enough money for maybee 2 months in bills and over head. I cant help to wonder what would happen if 3-4 days a week I had 2-4 hours a day to spend on solid sales activity. I built the little bit I got from doing sales activity on my days off when I was wore out and tired. It seems kinda scary but I think I can do it. If not I will have my master textile cleaner cert. in aug and my water damage cert in sept . so I will always be able to find a job . well maybe its time for the leap of faith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think the question is (you already answered).
You hate what you're doing and can make more money on your cc business if you put more time into it.
Hard to work for yourself but it is the best thing in the world to me.

Sometimes you just gotta do it.
It ain't gonna do it for you.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wouldn't do until I had a real machine if I were you.

I started out with the porty and all the toys but didn't go fulltime until I knew I could get solid production of the TM

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you have a plan for winter?

Carpet cleaning comes to a screeching halt Jan 1st in this part of the country.

It might be better to suffer through another year before you make the full time move. It would give you time to build up more reserves.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Matt Murdock said:
I wouldn't do until I had a real machine if I were you.

I started out with the porty and all the toys but didn't go fulltime until I knew I could get solid production of the TM
I do a good job with the machine I have . I also im focusing my business on commercial where the image of a tm is not needed. I have been getting awesome production time from the recoil and think I will be ok

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
okay then. Good luck. Next time don't bother asking then.

I guess I and everyone else is wrong about production between a porty and a TM. Go for it now, walk into your boss and tell him to go **** himself. You have a porty and your on your way to being a millionaire. I heard of people scraping a living out of a porty so good luck.

Since I have been through the different phases of machines I don't know anything.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Matt Murdock said:
okay then. Good luck. Next time don't bother asking then.

I guess I and everyone else is wrong about production between a porty and a TM. Go for it now, walk into your boss and tell him to go ACE himself. You have a porty and your on your way to being a millionaire. I heard of people scraping a living out of a porty so good luck.

Since I have been through the different phases of machines I don't know anything.
I never said I didnt intend on getting a tm and your opinion is valued however to leave my full time job for a part time job would probly be a safe thing. I do think with my expense being low a I can make enough money with a porty. again about 65% of my revanue is commercial so a tm is not a top priority but a work in the near future. I have decided that a part time job is a good step down from my ft job. I am not saying you dont know what your talking about I just think maybe you dont know enough datails to accurately access my situation. I just dont wana see this turn into a porty bashing session which I have seen you take part in a few times.(no offense intended)

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Do you have benefits at your job? Those can be tough and expensive to get on your own, especially if you (or your spouse or children, if you have them) have any pre-existing health issues.

Make sure you have disability insurance, a serious (or even not-so-serious) illness or injury can totally devastate an owner/op quickly.

Take care,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I started from scratch with a porty, no money in the bank, no busn or marketing knowledge and no MB for information. A rough first year but it kept growing year after year and I won clients for life with a porty.
Focus on highrises. TM operators, for the most part, don't like to do porty work. Phone around and network with the TM companies and let them know there's a good porty man in town. They're hard to find. Put your price up where 2 jobs a day will meet your needs.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
I started from scratch with a porty, no money in the bank, no busn or marketing knowledge and no MB for information. A rough first year but it kept growing year after year and I won clients for life with a porty.
Focus on highrises. TM operators, for the most part, don't like to do porty work. Phone around and network with the TM companies and let them know there's a good porty man in town. They're hard to find. Put your price up where 2 jobs a day will meet your needs.

That sounds about right.
Find your niche

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom