Rug Drying Tips

DavidVB

We are hanging our rugs over 2x6s with 6 inch corrugated drain. The rugs come out of the centrifuge just damp, no dripping water. I have 2 warehouse ceiling fans over the poles and 3 airmovers blowing from the side. The dehu has the humidity down to 35% at about 88 degrees. An average weight rug is dry in 3 or 4 hours by moisture sensor except for where they hang on the pole.

Any suggestions on getting that area of the rug to dry faster? The ceiling fans blow straight down. Would it be a sizable improvement if the airflow was more at an angle blowing across the tops of the rugs similar to drying walls? I've put the rugs on an angle on the poles and used a tagging gun to hold them on the pole so I can move them around.

I assume that hanging rugs on poles using pins eliminates this?

Ernie G

David, you are drying them plenty fast, why worry, the rest of the rug would be dry by morning.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ernie G' right dave, you have the absolute best system for drying rugs. Right now we can afford the centrifuge so we are forced to extract with the truckmount after our washes. Typically I used the large water claw followed by good dry passes with a glided wand. They are generaly dry by morning, but our setup is very similar to yours with cieling fans on top blowing down and fans from the side. We have such a large warehouse height wise that it really hasn't become an issue with humidity yet.

DavidVB

Thanks for the input. I have learned so much from others over the years. I just wanted to know if I am missing one of those little tricks that make things better.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
If there is no dripping water you could speed things up with an Airpath fan upside down blowing up under the hanging rugs.

Keith

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like Ron's idea, it would allow you to pipe hot, dry, air directly to the contact points.

Other than that, have you minimized the size of the dry room as much as possible?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Pins do provide a gap between the pole and the rug, and also allow you to hang a rug from one end instead of hanging in the middle. Hanging a rug diagonally is supposed to give you a crease that will work out better when the rug is rolled, but opinions differ on whether that really makes a difference.

Sounds like you don't really have a problem though, unless the area over the pole is still wet when left overnight.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
why dont you just shift the rugs a little bit after a couple hours of drying this way where it was staying wet is then moved over and an almost dry area of the rug is then on the pipe.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
guiness-inside.jpg

Brilliant!
:mrgreen:

DavidVB

I've added a Phoenix 200 Max lately and as I said, the humidity levels were good. I do have an older Air Path also.

When I first got the centrifuge, I was stopping it when the water was just a trickle. Nathan told me to let it run longer and that has helped the drying .

I have been shifting the rugs. First I put them on the diagonal and that helped. Lately, I've been shifting them straight down and then using small clamps to keep them on the poles. So far that has worked the best.

I know that overnight is usually good enough, but I'm working on seeing just how quick I can get them dry.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom