Rotovac unveils new 3/4 HP motor for 360XL in Atlanta

Mikey P

Administrator
In an effort to improve the "XL's" performance on thick pile carpet, cotton pad driving and when mounted with the new metal vacuum shoe carpet brush head, the new 360XL is now equipped with a 3/4 horse motor. An industry first for Rotary Extractors.

The unit shown here with optional metal and Teflon brush heads.

wIpLWzpHu7NX4qe7sL63dnQcRQG9TP74qoMFWHaMBRZ9HHE6r_pcwzRiPW_M7JLZKUvliAJcQ93QHx9qaw=w1073-h995-no.jpg

Owners of both 360 models that have switched to the Brush Head options are finding that they can use less water pressure, pay less attention to their cleaning pattern to avoid streaking and clean at a faster rate. Inline lint filters are noticeably filling faster and with more sand and grit content as well.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll find out...

I expected the machine to feel different, it didn't. But I don't use the XL any more so it always feels shockingly powerful compared to the eye. In a way it almost feels dangerous.

I did notice a bit more weight to it but that could just be me getting old.

Speaking of which, Marty will want a eye for his old warty self and an XL for his brat.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
So with the brush head do you even find the metal shoes necessary? I would think teflon would really be smooth with the brush's. I'm using teflon 15" head on my eye with no brush's and love it. Does anybody want to buy a regular 360i head? Now I just have to figure out if an XL or an XL3/4 is in my future? I'm selling my Hoss 700.

Mikey P

Administrator
I think the leading edge on the metal shoes still plays a big part in scooping the dirt out..

Until Saiger gets the new 3/4 and metal shoes to compare it to, and I get a Teflon to compare the 360i, it's all speculative.
The good news is, you can convert either head to the other shoes..

Reactions: Lint Basket

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've got a new 3/4 hp on the way and should be able to give my first impressions on it maybe next week.

I choose the brush head with metal glides because I think it will offer the deepest clean and flush.

The 360i has literally transformed the product we are delivering to our residential customers! The brush head for the i has only enhanced its cleaning ability and sped me up....while using LESS water and LESS time.

What residential customer doesn't want the deepest possible cleaning with fast dry times??

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Can the smaller motor be switched out to the larger? Or is there more going to make it not worth the switch? :shifty:
I planned to buy a 360i to put on one of the carpet trucks but now I have paused that and I may just buy one of the Zipper spinners.
Pretty disappointed in Rotovac.

Well, that resolution lasted long. :winky:

Reactions: Mikey P

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I still love the Teflon glides....and will probably run them a lot....

Because....if we mess up on a transition strip or next to a ceramic tile....I have more of a chance to not be fixing or replacing the homeowner property that could have been damaged.

I do look forward to input from others about the metal vs Teflon....but I really am finding great cleaning with the Teflon and brush combo....

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I've got a new 3/4 hp on the way and should be able to give my first impressions on it maybe next week.

I choose the brush head with metal glides because I think it will offer the deepest clean and flush.

The 360i has literally transformed the product we are delivering to our residential customers! The brush head for the i has only enhanced its cleaning ability and sped me up....while using LESS water and LESS time.

What residential customer doesn't want the deepest possible cleaning with fast dry times??

Im anxiously awaiting your findings Russ. Now the question will be brush head with metal and upgraded motor? Sell mine and buy a new one with the bigger motor already? Hopefully they lest us know soon what the cost on upgrading to a new motor with metal brush head will be soon.

Reactions: Russ T.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Saiger is onto it I think? I want the XL so I can brush and teflon glide the nastys. While keeping my 360i with the 15" teflon glides for the delicate high end that only needs maintenance cleaning. I have had bad experience with the metal and never want to experience it again. Our wands have teflon for hell sakes you tell me rotary teflon can't maintenance clean? The brush for restoration nasty's is something I can't wait to try... The CRB is nice but it doesn't compete some times with the rotary. 2 job's today. 1 had rotary with wand detail and groom and the second had crb with wand extraction and groom. Rotary was faster. The 1st job with rotary was high end delicate carpet that I wouldn't dare touch just yet with brush's. But I haven't tried it yet so IDK.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Well I won't jump to conclusions I guess. The XL 3/4 with brush's and metal swoops could be different then the 360i metal? I just fear my vacuum and heat is what has caused the problems with the metal swoops on the 360i.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Funny how many options Rotovac has and still makes for their rotaries. They still sell 5 or 6 different rotaries and they keep coming up with different heads for all of them.

Other rotary mfgs have one machine, one head and development is done.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Funny how many options Rotovac has and still makes for their rotaries. They still sell 5 or 6 different rotaries and they keep coming up with different heads for all of them.

Other rotary mfgs have one machine, one head and development is done.

I would guess Rotovac sells a lot more every year then the other mfg's. Gotta stay on top of the game. Everyone loves improvements.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom