Referal sources, OYE!

-JB-

Name
JB
I have one that has refereed plenty of work over the pat 7+ years, however w/their recent explosive growth, unfortunately they let the quality drop A LOT!

They advertise w/the throw it at the wall and see if it sticks mentality, they attract all kinds of weirdos now, okay, maybe just more of them in all fairness they had their fare share before, and they will do anything possible to please the customer, but, how many times do you/your client really want them to come out AGAIN, to "see if they can fix the problem" I have had people say, "Yeah, they take care of it but after the fourth visit, I really don't want to deal w/them anymore, and we won't shop there again."

That's when they call us, they call w/the MOST insane customers w/spotting related problems they can't handle and ask us to "take care of her we don't want to deal w/her again." These people have totally unrealistic expectations of life, much less what to expect of a carpet retailer, or cleaner for that matter, God help them. I have actually walked out on one before, as she knew as soon as we got there (waiting for us w/her arms crossed -yes we were on time, uniformed and polite) stated she knows we aren't gonna be able to take care of it for her, and who could blame her this time? After all they spread her new carpet out on the driveway upside down to cut it...AFTER A RAINY NIGHT >>>OYE!

DAMP CARPET + CHEAP FURNITURE = ANYONE?

DYE STAINS!

Congratulations! Go to the head of the class!

Over the past few months/years their referrals have dwindled, (thank goodness for unanswered prayers) as we don't serve the same type of clientele anymore, but I do appreciate all they have done for us in the past, so I won't blow them off, after all w/out them I wouldn't be where I am, and I know that.

So waddya do?

This seems to be the ONLY time they call on or refer us anymore, (admittedly I have stopped "woowoing" them too- Why beat a dead horse!) Unless the owners need their homes cleaned, N/C, grateful to do so.

TOOO MUCH TYPING MUST SLEEP NOW.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I get a lot of calls to remove furniture stains from Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Seems like they are always stain trails on white carpet in 1/2 million dollar houses.

A little stain magic will usually do the trick.

I have saved that company tons of carpet replacement.

-JB-

Name
JB
Spots & stains aren't the issue.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned that one. It's not the stains, that lady was just fed up of dealing with the other company.

My issue is that more and more of the "problem" customers they have us take care of are to put it politely, "unstable' at best, KNUCKIN FUTZ at worst.

It is usually the case of the wrong problem happening to the wrong customer, this time in particular, they got a "grease" spot in front of the toilet, (why would they put a carpet in front of a toilet anyway, ya ya I know $$$$), thing is they went out to look at it and they can't see it. She said she wants only the best to come in and take care of it (but they called me instead, I guess the best wasn't available :lol: )

One thing I have learned, if a customer says there is a problem, there IS a problem, now whether anyone but she can see it is another story, but rest assured there is a problem.

We call her to set it up, she tells us how we have to clean the whole room, not just the spot, because she doesn't want to see a difference, also we will have to, of course re-apply the Scochgard. Oh, and we can't walk to the bath room over any of the rest of the new carpet, she doesn't want anymore problems, AND I DO? So booties we must wear, we ALWAYS do, and I am fully prepared to carry any and all equipment over the new rugs.

Typically, I add a +20% PITA charge, but lately, even for a +100% charge, I loath dealing with THEIR problem customers.

Scott

JB said:
Over the past few months/years their referrals have dwindled, (thank goodness for unanswered prayers) as we don't serve the same type of clientele anymore, but I do appreciate all they have done for us in the past, so I won't blow them off, after all w/out them I wouldn't be where I am, and I know that.

So waddya do?

Been there, done that. It will all work out in the end. Their referrals will continue to drop as they provide unrealistic expectations (at a huge price drop, no doubt) and eventually you won't hear a peep from them.

Then suddenly they'll file for bankruptcy and everything will be right in the world of capitalism.

Scott

-JB-

Name
JB
Yeah, that is kinda the feel I'm getting the last two times I went onto one of the stores, it was like a morgue, but with less joy! The one time, their main receptionist/office girl was literally nearly in tears about how "slow" it was, it's too bad the owners are nice people, just got caught up in it a all I guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom