Questions about company vehicle apperances

Name
Jesse
As usual my partner and I disagree on letting our vehicles. I think they should be a custom color, their all different now. He thinks waste of money.

Our company is completely unmarked, has 4 full size vans, 2 minivans, 1 f-350 box truck, a isuzu cab over street sweeper, and 14ft trailer. All are reasonable presentable and none of them are leased. We provide janitorial, etc... but I want to market carpet cleaning and floor care on the vehicles.

What's your opinion?:
1. How important is it to have vehicles painted the same color or having the same appearance?

2. Would you put your carpet cleaning name on a janitorial route minivan that obviously has no carpet cleaning equipment in it? Would you black out the windows?

3. How about on the trailer? I think a carpet cleaning trailer presents the image that your not really committed to carpet cleaning, or underfunded. (no offense to the guys who have them) but it's a big sign space and people see it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Same on each vehicle to preserve your brand

Yes put carpet cleaning on a van with no equipment in it...and yes black out the windows...only because it looks cleaner...and hides clutter.

Yes to the trailer

Try to have both janitorial and carpet cleaning listed on all vehicles without making it too busy.

You never know who might see your van.

I got a lot of business off of my van...white van with lettering...but I kept it clean and blacked out the window in the back....no window on the side door other than front seats.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
IMO it is the cheapest form of advertising.

Yes they should look virtually identical, with perhaps some slight differences due to various sizes of vehicles/trailers.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Do you run all services under the same business name/brand?

If so, then I agree with Brian and Ken, it'll only strengthen your brand and your prescence in the area you're working.

No brainer for me. I have had a total of 7 different vehicles over the 9 years in business and every single one of them is the same colour and signage. At moment, we only have 3 but during the summer we had 4 and it's amazing how many clients think we have dozens of vans around the place.

The other thing is try and get a 'corporate' look for your vehicle signage as it'll also give a better impression I feel.

John

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey John,

Did you ever get a logo for your inpection company?
I would like to see what you ended up with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom