Pricing help

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I met a guy who lays tile and grout, he doesnt seal it so he wants me to go behind him and seal it. How should I charge for this service?

I have never sealed grout, is it a long process or how long would a room take?
Thanks
Nick!

Spurling

You may want to wait a few days before sealing freshly installed grout. A 200sf room could take 20-30 min for a single application ..you may want to apply a second depending on absorbency .. We use Stonetech heavy duty sealer and charge $1 per SF with a double coat in the high traffic areas..

Don't be the guy who sees what everybody else is charging to come up with a low ball price just to get the job.. You'd be amazed what people will pay for excellent service.. Use the best product you can buy , put it down heavy and charge accordingly. You may want to leave a coupon for x amount of dollars off the cleaning when the time comes.
You may want to give the installer 10% referral fee.. unless he is subbing you..then of course they may try to low ball you.. Its a good thing to be riding behind the installer.. thats your free advertising... a way into the home .. to offer all services provided. Sell Sell Sell

WISE

Sell a warranty package on it...
Gives them peace of mind and you future income and stable/predictable cash flow.

WISE

Back
Top Bottom