Postcards undeliverable

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Anyone have a problem with this. I sent out 1000 postcards to businesses. No contact name just business name. I've gotten 20 back (undeliverable). The addresses and names on about 10 match the business verified via internet. Does the post office just screw up sometimes?.

Albert

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
only 20 undeliverable per 1000 not bad. try to send them out from the post office that they would be using. That way the postmaster would put them into the PO Box. I have 3 zip codes in my town and send a 1000 from each one

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Yes, some business do not accept mail delivery at their physical address. So these cards come back as undeliverable.

20 out of 1000 is low. Watch for more coming back in the next few days.

There is a service that can verify that all address you use are good mailing addresses. However, if you only get a few back, the savings in postage may not equal the cost of the service.

Scott Warrington

Mikey P

Administrator
We sent out to all our client in December.

I could not believe how many came back.

Loads of them were marked UTF...unable to find...

Many had moved as well

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
No, not 20 total (I wish). That's just in the first few days. Came back from work today and there's a shitload more. At times we'll get returns up to a month later. In a few weeks I'm going to check them all out and go to the po.

Greg, that's a good idea. I'll try it next time if I see that a lot of these addresses are really there. I did get this list (though it's old) from a mail house so I would think they would know if it's a po box.

Albert

John Watson

Albert, do you have "Return Service Requested" printed above the address area?? If so the postal service is supposed to give you the current address so you can update and purge your customer files.

bubba

20 isn't bad. I just sent out ... 2500 and i've got about 100ish back so far which isn't bad.

I'm paying first class rates which suck because each one is 26 cents.

I kinda dropped about 25 in the mail without stamps by accident and they just dropped them off in a rubber band and said they needed postage. They didn't mark them up.

If you mail them using a bulk mail permit you can do it for about 13.5 cents a piece. I prefer to just pay the 26 cents and do it that way.

One of my friends helping me was complaining about having to put the stamps on... I told him to be happy we didn't have to lick them.

Kelly

the internet is way misinformed for looong periods of time before its updated. at least thats my experiance

asupremeclean

Couldn't you just put on the card "or current occupant" This works for residential. But like was stated B4 some commercial setting have PO's

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My ghetto custys move around like hamsters on a wheel.....BUT i get a lot of business from my reminder cards sent to that address.....NEW CUSTY!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom