Porcelain from She.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
At what point do you approach the company to take on "she"?

On another note: In my lifetime in carpet cleaning, I've watched painters be sloppy when they knew carpet cleaners were going to be in next, with the false belief that they'd be able to clean up all the paint.

I'm noticing a lot of sloppy tile work when a routine post construction clean up includes sealing. Do you think they are also less carefully with their work, figuring "the cleaner" will take care of their careless work?

Mikey P

Administrator
The home owner made the mistake or letting a realtive be the Forman on this project, which would be his first and last time.
After the tile went in, no rosin paper or tarps went down.

The experienced painters and cabinet workers should have spoken up.

Seeing how the owner is always building subdivisions, you'd think all the subs would be shining on his own home.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
You'd think....

Maybe people just don't care period. I'm walking a lot of people through doing what you did there, especially with black grout.

Mikey P

Administrator
20180119_105133.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I suggested that he and his two brothers strap themselves to chairs and sit underneath it, take out the light bulbs and drop the domes over their heads for a nice Christmas card next year.. I think they're going to go for it

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa John

Mikey P

Administrator
At what point do you approach the company to take on "she"?

On another note: In my lifetime in carpet cleaning, I've watched painters be sloppy when they knew carpet cleaners were going to be in next, with the false belief that they'd be able to clean up all the paint.

I'm noticing a lot of sloppy tile work when a routine post construction clean up includes sealing. Do you think they are also less carefully with their work, figuring "the cleaner" will take care of their careless work?

90% of the installs I see here have serious issues.

Mostly weak, soft grout.

I suspect its the lack of humidity.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I notice this for years. I always wondered why..i figured the mixture of the grout mud was not good or does not cure properly. Northshore flooring and full circle flooring are pretty good about setting the grout properly..

Reactions: Mikey P

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Ill keep that chemical on list to have.. at least i can get it from local interlink store.

Mikey P

Administrator
How many of your hard surface professionals get on your knees and detail the edges/perimeter of rooms, especially kitchens, after spinning and Turbo Tilting?

Amazing how much shit those spinners leave behind.

Reactions: Chris A

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
How many of your hard surface professionals get on your knees and detail the edges/perimeter of rooms, especially kitchens, after spinning and Turbo Tilting?

I do. I wear my fingers out getting every grout line that runs into the wall and even behind the toilet. Sometimes you just got to get down and dirty. Too many premadonnas in this business. “Look at me, I have a pretty van. But I’ll never really do what it takes to get things clean”.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Been doing doing it for years.. better to do it baby squat than on your knees tho..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
90% of the installs I see here have serious issues.

Mostly weak, soft grout.

I suspect its the lack of humidity.
Did you tell your customer this before or after you started the job? I'm just curious how that conversation went to keep the liability off you

steve_64

I do. I wear my fingers out getting every grout line that runs into the wall and even behind the toilet. Sometimes you just got to get down and dirty. Too many premadonnas in this business. “Look at me, I have a pretty van. But I’ll never really do what it takes to get things clean”.
I'm too tired and sore after work to keep my van clean.

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Steve Lawrence

Some pros get these gadgets to help with their tile work especially grout colorers (We got one but barely use it--anyone want to buy it?--deluxe model with optional chest support):

https://www.tiletools.com/product/racatac-rolling-kneepad-system/

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
Hey Mike, I still don't really understand the original problem. If it was just debris in the grout line, why did you need to clean so specifically with the acid product? Seems like just a good vacuuming would have solved the issues.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Mike, I still don't really understand the original problem. If it was just debris in the grout line, why did you need to clean so specifically with the acid product? Seems like just a good vacuuming would have solved the issues.

Nobody really knows what the foreign matter was.

But 1000 psi and an alkaline wasn't removing it.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

steve_64

The concrete at our new construction is always horrible. A good scraper is a must.

Chris A

Name
Chris

Almost always unless it's not very dirty to begin with

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom