Please, not that again!!

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
The one thing I really hate about business is sometimes the dealing with people when orderinga product or service. What I am referring to is the follow up required on our part which in many cases I consider a waste of time: "Where is our order?"!. If,it wasn't for the fact that in this day and age we are used to doing everyone else's job for them...........along with our daily full time work.

Now, I hope this experience will help you, the small business owner to "look beyond" these "two over used words".

I bring this topic to the forefront in an effort to better the way everyone does business. Never forget, as a business serving others upon their request, we must make it a priority to be different than the competition (in a positive way) and therefore, put forth and demonstrate our true sincerity.

So many times I have heard these two words that have become not only repetitious (ex: following up on an order placed weeks ago) but also sickening to my ears so much so that I can only hear it as an excuse. Those two words are: "I'm sorry"; or, "I apologize". :cry:

Think about it for a moment. Those two words mean to me that someone did not do their job, or didn't care about my order, period. It certainly does not make me feel better about them, or their company.

My suggestion that would make the customer feel much better would be if the person at the other end of the phone took sincere interest and immediate control of the situation.

Example: "Mr. V, I am really glad you called us because this should never ever happen. Your order should have gone out a week ago. Tell you what I am going to do; I will immediately get to the bottom of this and it will be a priority to get your order out asap! In fact, I will call you back within the next 30 mins to confirm the results you deserve as our valued customer!" :smile:

In my 40+ years in this Industry, I could count the number of unique individuals whom have taken the interest and have solved the mishandlings that have become so common. Therefore, I hope that some of you reading this experience will make heed and take notice because small refinements in what we convey to our customer(s), and when is the difference between a Normal business and a Great business!

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Had one today that called and It was Impossible for me to get there.
With a snowstorm predicted tonight, his wife scheduled a gathering for Friday morning, Typical huh?
Cancellations everywhere forced me off the road early for school pick up, I had already crammed my morning w dainty apts and was now in sh1t n get mode to dump and prep for the ensuing disaster that they keep tellin us about on the tv and radio.

Cat Piss on TWO couches! Felt bad, no way I could make it so as a recovery and being in the area on my way for the kid from early dismissal, milk n bread, I saved it by dropping off some lil pump sprayers full over killed DD-12

Last time, Straight Faced and Serious as I could get, I told the lady I could take care of that cat : )

They still call me back, lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom