Package pricing

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Can someone give us some examples that have worked for your business?
Or stating prices for different size areas in your ad in a way that attracts callers but still makes you a profit?
3 areas up to 400sqft for $99 etc.
Ive never put prices in my ads but ive heard some say it worked very well for them.
The above example is one ive seen alot but that seems like a low price.
Do you just say that does not include furniture moving when people call?
If thats the case I think i could make it work.
Did you see an increase? With the economy the way it is Im wondering if nows the time to try something new. Thanks Or recommend someone whos good at this if you dont want to give it away?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Any number of strategies can work. What makes me uncomfortatble with packages is the whole good, better, best. It's kind like saying I can do more but I'm gonna stop here cuz you ain't paying for more. Just doesn't seem like a good long term strategy to me. After all, who does that attract? Price sensitive consumers who have little appreciation for the things that separate you from your competition?

Why not pick out the demographic you want and cater your level of service to them?

We like middle to upper-middle class families with nice stuff, a desire to keep it nice and discretionary income enough to put a higher level of service above price. The work is better, you don't get beat up on price and they're loyal. They simply want someone in their home they feel they can trust to take care of them.

The idea of having an option not to move furniture, for example, seems self defeating. Years ago, when I had a franchise, a customer called me for her fall cleaning. She called my buddy for her spring cleaning. My buddy didn't move the sofa, her husband said not to worry about it. When she got home and saw the dust bunnies peaking out from under the sofa she was livid. She made a point of telling me about it that fall. It seems like a petty thing but because my buddy did what he thought they wanted, instead of taking that one extra step, he lost any chance of coming back.

How can cleaning the family room HTA's and leaving the spills between the sofa and the coffee tables, or only getting the half of the drink spill in front of the chair be a good thing? You know the customer is gonna see it and think, "gee, I wish he would have got that."

It's the little stuff people notice and remember the most.

Different strokes, but it's worked for us.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Good points, Thanks!
I was panicking cause stocks were crashing. Now its up and I just got a couple of nice jobs.
Yeah!
Not that the two were related.

Back
Top Bottom