Non slip topical in bathroom

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Went to have look at tiled bathroom today, the wall tile matched the floors except the floor definitely had a "non slip texture" spoke to 2 local tile suppliers they said they didnt have any tiles that were non slip which also were available as wall tiles? Is there a common/good topical that can be applied to tiles for non slip texture available over there? the local installer I normally send work to if beyond me said he didn't have anything ( 25 yrs installing) have you heard of anything? If so links please :smile:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
There are anti slip coating that you can put down. This is done for public places for safety reasons, so ya can put it down in bathroom floor. Im sure your chem providers should have that. As for non slip tiles ready to install, we have lots.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Thanks i'll look into it, we have around 25% of carpet care products you have there even less tile and stone products.
Product you refer to as colorseal is exclusive to national franchise no equivalent I've seen.
Only customers (3) who asked me about sealing there tile & grout last year were expat Americans, pretty much unheard of here and what is available is $$$$ maybe I should start distributing product?

Reactions: DAT

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Please do not use a topical treatment.

Consider the following:

You need an etching product for tiles that
  • Alters the tile surface to improve friction on slippery tile.
  • Permanently eliminates slippery tile floors.
  • Improves traction on wet tile floors.
  • Non skid treatment for terrazzo travertine ceramic porcelain tile.
And i can't locate an NZ distributor of etching product manufacturers.

You can try importing from Oz.

Cyndan fits the bill.

cyndan.com.au

I don't believe the chemical has any import/export restrictions.

$50/Litre will do 5 to 7 M2.

Applying it is just like mopping a floor and it is a useful upsell.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom