Nearly perfect.

Pros:

Excellent airflow, screams like a two inch
Perfect jet placement
Glide fits like no other
Very lightweight
V800 valve and trigger feel so nice
The perfect RE follow up tool
Wand only hacks will want to double or triple the stock 4 flow.

Cons

No in-line strainer included
Forcedv to use 2" vac hose, and adaptor would have been nice.

20160429_155051.jpg
20160429_155103.jpg
20160429_155115.jpg
20160429_163029.jpg
20160429_163035.jpg

A very close competitor for the Mach12 which has a bit better airflow but PITA manifold set up

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Demo glide has a full 1/4" channel that the first round of glides did not.

Lock down problem solved.
Are you saying that the opening is bigger on the new glide than the original green glides? If so, I'm glad distributors have listened to us. We were losing a ton of suction with the original green glides

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
nearly.....

You'll feel the difference in squeezing that valve in comparison to the WP soft touch. Those hard lines are exposed to getting bent in short order. I'm sure it screams but that's not exactly a measurement of cfm. Perfect might have been not pinching off any potential flow and left it 2 inch "all the way"

Mikey P

Administrator
and left it 2 inch "all the way"

got the 14" if you dont mind the extra weight.

Put your the fishbelly of your arm over that glide at full rpm and tell me that isn't more than enough to extract carpet.

Are you one of them pigslop disgusting van owners Scott? Somehow I pictured your van a clean and tidy work shop. Only pigs who toss their tools around or lazy techs could or would damage those hard lines

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
ah the ole tug of the forearm skin CFM test...lol Yes that's not a bad litmus test even "after" a few beers at a trade show and gone are the days when I pile my toys. Still happy with my WP 14" or so says my callus and growing tennis elbow.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
actually I'm looking for a chump to sacrifice a Von schhhroder on craigslist so I can mess around with shaving cream on larger areas. I drag a TrexJr around and its been saves my ass and arms on polishing some turds.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yeah I thought the same on the hard lines. Down another eight inches and pulling them in would look more workmanlike, as well as making the apparatus more elf resistant.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I don't know about this yet. I received two new glides for the wand. One glide has a 1/8" channel and the other has a 1/4" channel. Jury is still out on the dry times with the new glides. I think the narrower glide opening is the key on green glides.
I'm running the 1/8" channel right now. I'll switch to the 1/4" channel next week and see how it performs.
The wand itself is absolutely amazing.
Lightweight
Perfect shape even for someone short like myself
Trigger placement is perfect
Cleans perfectly
The only problems I've had is the glide design. Hopefully these new ones will help.

Reactions: jcooper

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
On a 1.5" tube wand...the bigger the opening, the better. I feel that those type of wands don't have enough suction to need a glide, compared to a 2" wand.

So if you must have a glide, then go with the 1/4" opening glide

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
On a 1.5" tube wand...the bigger the opening, the better. I feel that those type of wands don't have enough suction to need a glide, compared to a 2" wand.

So if you must have a glide, then go with the 1/4" opening glide
Without a glide you can't even push this wand. The airflow is so good that it locks on the carpet.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I switched glides out and did a 3 room empty this morning. With the 1/4" groove it had much better air flow on the carpet. I cleaned the master and put out my air path. I went and cleaned the other two small rooms. About 4 feet around the air path was pretty much dry when I went back to the master. Much better recovery with the 1/4" grooved glide.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
It's still a bitch to push. But it cleans like a champ.
The glides pop off and on super easy. They fit tight too. I wonder what a holed glide would be like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom