New guy looking to learn.

wanabpro

Name
luke michael
Hey everyone!
I currently do hard surface flooring, custom tile and shower installation. It has been great to me and I have done pretty well thus far.
I am ready to start a new venture, some thing that I can grow and have some employees.

I have a few rentals properties. I am going to start a business that basically turns rentals over and gets them ready for the next tenants..

I want to have carpet cleaning as a option. I want to do a very professional job that can stand up to the rest of the competition. I am just learning about carpet cleaning equipment and come here in hope of some knowledge from the pros. As far as equipment, seminars, ect...

There is a great chance that I will be in larger apartment complexes. Right now I do own a 4x8 trailer and a truck.
I am just trying to narrow a system down that is going to benefit me the most..

ANY feed back would be much appreciated!

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is how it works here. Friendship is free but info costs.

I'll PM you my address and send cash, low denominations, non sequential bills. AFTER that I'm an open book. :winky:

Welcome! :biggrin:

Reactions: wanabpro

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Welcome to the board!

Looking forward to hearing more about you and your business and see how we might help.

Just give a shout out anytime... Alway willing to try and help out :)

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

steve_64

Rentals typically dont care about you doing a "great" job but rather a cheap job. It is a good place to learn how to clean worse case scenarios though.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Welcome to the board! You've come to the right place.
Are you trying to figure out what would be the best machine to get for your trailer? Or do you plan on starting with a good portable?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Welcome wannab! What part of Iowa are you in?

A little about us...
thegreatcleanmachine.com

We service central IA, but mostly Ames and Ankeny for now

Reactions: wanabpro

Mikey P

Administrator
Did we meet at the Surfaces show in Vegas?

Apartment cleaning will require a huge truckmount capable of long hose runs or a smaller unit and a portable extractor

What is your budget for equipment?

Word of advice, run all purchase ideas through the brain trust here.. and only here. Other forums and pages allow garbage manufacturers to prey on the innocent such as yourself

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Did we meet at the Surfaces show in Vegas?

Apartment cleaning will require a huge truckmount capable of long hose runs or a smaller unit and a portable extractor

What is your budget for equipment?

Word of advice, run all purchase ideas through the brain trust here.. and only here. Other forums and pages allow garbage manufacturers to prey on the innocent such as yourself
Don't give him TOO good advice, I need to figure out if he lives down the street!

wanabpro

Name
luke michael
Wow! Thanks for the great and ok responses! Ha

I own rentals and I'm connected in a very large network of landlords. I know I can build a business that can stream line property turnover and a few other services to make being a landlord less stressful and more efficient.

Personally if I hire anyone to do any job at my rental, it better be good.
I'm not going to start anything half a**ed.

At this point I am not sure on a system that makes the most sense. I was looking at van mounted equipment. I think this might be the most practical for all the items that I would be carrying for other things I will be doing at the properties.

But I have lots of research to do! Then many questions and tons of videos of me working!!! Haha kidding!!

I am up in the Waterloo/cedar falls area.

Miley p
No we haven't met. Thanks for the great info! Tons of questions coming. But now with the in laws.
:(

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow! Thanks for the great and ok responses! Ha

I own rentals and I'm connected in a very large network of landlords. I know I can build a business that can stream line property turnover and a few other services to make being a landlord less stressful and more efficient.

Personally if I hire anyone to do any job at my rental, it better be good.
I'm not going to start anything half a**ed.

At this point I am not sure on a system that makes the most sense. I was looking at van mounted equipment. I think this might be the most practical for all the items that I would be carrying for other things I will be doing at the properties.

But I have lots of research to do! Then many questions and tons of videos of me working!!! Haha kidding!!

I am up in the Waterloo/cedar falls area.

Miley p
No we haven't met. Thanks for the great info! Tons of questions coming. But now with the in laws.
:(
I'd recommend you aim higher. Those are going to be the "pits". You'll be cleaning the dirtiest carpets for the least amount of money.

If you target a different segment you can clean better cared for carpet for more money. Clients more loyal to you than loyal to price.

Reactions: Russ T.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think he just wants to add cleaning to buildings he' already servicing. A good portable with heat and good chemistry is a good way to start. Add a crb and there's not much you can't clean. Keep your prices high and let your customers know what makes you stand out from the crowd. Prevac,prespray,scrub with crb,rinse with powerful portable,put in the couple of dri-pods and collect your money.

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it's commercial I'd get a Vario (OP) and a Cimex (encap). Low moisture will allow you to be competitive price wise and yet provide excellent appearance management.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
If you are coming to the board to start a Carpet Cleaning company then welcome.

If you are simply trying to cut out the service provider then I would ask why would any one help you?

Why not hire a professional company to help with that part of the turn around?

Why not be faithful to them as you would like them to be to you?

I do not know of any Wildly successful property management companies in our city that do their own CC.

It almost insulting that you would ask us to help you take business away from hard working companies in your area.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I'm going to pop some popcorn. I'll be right back.
Seriously MArty? The guys original post sounds like he is doing property management and turnarounds.

If that's the case why help? He sounds like he wants to cut out the local cleaners.

I am not looking for some drama. Just challenging the original posts. Sounds funny to me.

Maybe it's just me and I am confused happens all the time.

FredC

Village Idiot
TomKing said:
If you are coming to the board to start a Carpet Cleaning company then welcome.

If you are simply trying to cut out the service provider then I would ask why would any one help you?

Why not hire a professional company to help with that part of the turn around?

Why not be faithful to them as you would like them to be to you?

I do not know of any Wildly successful property management companies in our city that do their own CC.

It almost insulting that you would ask us to help you take business away from hard working companies in your area.

TomKing said:
Seriously MArty? The guys original post sounds like he is doing property management and turnarounds.

If that's the case why help? He sounds like he wants to cut out the local cleaners.

I am not looking for some drama. Just challenging the original posts. Sounds funny to me.

Maybe it's just me and I am confused happens all the time.

He owns a few rentals.

He owns a company that installs hard surfaces.

He wants to start another venture .

He is considering carpet cleaning and doing apartments to build the business because of his existing connections to other property managers.

What is funny?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
He owns a few rentals.

He owns a company that installs hard surfaces.

He wants to start another venture .

He is considering carpet cleaning and doing apartments to build the business because of his existing connections to other property managers.

What is funny?
That not what he said
"I have a few rentals properties. I am going to start a business that basically turns rentals over and gets them ready for the next tenants.". He also stated he wants to have CC be one of several options.

Sounds a lot like the property management companies in our city maybe your city is different.

So guys would help him cut out the local providers?

I am not trying to bust is chops seems like fair questions from his original posts.

Heck Russ is out there. We would help some unknown individual take part of his market share?

FredC

Village Idiot
TomKing said:
That not what he said
"I have a few rentals properties. I am going to start a business that basically turns rentals over and gets them ready for the next tenants.". He also stated he wants to have CC be one of several options.

Sounds a lot like the property management companies in our city maybe your city is different.

So guys would help him cut out the local providers?

I am not trying to bust is chops seems like fair questions from his original posts.

Heck Russ is out there. We would help some unknown individual take part of his market share?

paranoid much?

So your beef would be that he would offer other services too?

and yes....that is what the forum is here for.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom