Need some opinions on using before and afters

breathe72

I agree with some of the other posts on this thread that you may use 'other' pictures (not your own) to get the idea across to the customer. If done without pirating, it is simply marketing.

HOWEVER, I'll bet that most on here who have at least one truck running full-time, will agree that you'll regularly have at one or two real-life opportunities a week to photo your own work and come up with some really great before & after pics.

So shoot some of your own. You're the guy who gets more x-mas cards from his custys than any cleaner alive, so they should be ecstatic about their home being featured in your website.

Come-on, certainly all of your jobs aren't high-end (non-trashed) carpet. And even if they were, why would you want to post killer before/after pics, when thats not who your customer base is in the 1st place?

You're marketing transmission overhauls to Lexus drivers then?

You should take a pic of yourself bathing in the waste water as it blasts out of your exhaust. Thats what we did & it tripled the hits to our site.

Ok we dont really have a site but hope to have it up this month & we intend on using a mix of both 'other' pics, and of our own. The housewife/pet/kid pics will most likely be the 'others' and we will photograph our own before/after.

Good luck & can't wait to see your site once it's built.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
" Todd, is there ANYTHING that you NOT are amazingly good at ??"

Funny as he** Harry!!!

Its one thing if you're just starting out and actually haven' t cleaned a rat hole,hopefully no one else will ever have to.But to have a supposed amount of experience and want to clearly steal just makes me wonder if DD is embarrassed about his "skillzzzzz"
:shock:

But you guys have to remember who started this thread :p

Patrick

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Joe,
In the case of a business name, logo or a catch phrase, copyrights keep someone else from claiming they used it first.

If you took that picture though, the copyright is immediately assumed and you own it. You don't need any disclosures printed anywhere to make it illegal for someone else to use it.

Harris should have asked permission or paid a fee. I'd let an attorney give 'em a call and see what they're going to do to reimburse you for using your photo.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
This post alone is worth the 5 dollars...

Great info,great pros and cons...

A magazine would love this topic...

Thanks, Bob Foster for the watermarking link...

Happy New Year to all...Stay safe...OZ,best post...

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I use my own pictures. In my experiences with designers and other clientele. Pictures say a thousand words. I am a big fan of it . It also is a great start for a portfolio. It depicts the type of work and cleaning you are doing. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom