side 2,
reminder2vt3.jpg

or this one
reminder6ec1.jpg

what do you think

John Watson

Don't forget to add in small print over where you place your clients address:

"Return Service Requested"

This and with using 1st class post card postage the PO is supposed to return the card to you if the address is wrong or the client has moved and include the corrected or new address where the client moved to.

A great way to maintain and purge your client base files. John

PS I like side 1 & 2

PPS I would add a complete list of the services offered on side 1 under where your label goes. To this day even my clients say "I didn't know you did that too!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You don't advertise what equipment you have.

And for heavens sake.....don't look like a hillbilly.....wear a nice uniform.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
What JiMmY said.

We're impressed with our equipment. Our customers are impressed with honesty, good service, trust, safety, security, a pleasant experience, yada, yada, yada. If you've got a nice rig and room for a pic I might drop it in. In this case, though, I'd use the space on the front to remind your customers what you can do for them with a list of services or maybe an incentive of some sort to buy one or another particular service.

Being the people business that this is, especially when you're communicating with your client base, using your pic IMHO is always a plus. No doubt your repeats would like that pic. The pooch is a cute touch. Do you work in a baseball cap and a hoodie or do you have a uniform? I think a uniform makes a better impression but I'd pose in whatever you work in to be consistent.

Just a thought, I'd put "It's been a while....." big across the top so it's easy to spot as soon as you pick up the card. I'd reduce the font size of "Indulge your carpet....." and use a plain font like arial or avante garde so it doesn't compete with the headline. It would also leave a little room to scribble a little hand-written note.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Use phrases as if you were writing a romance novel.

Remember who your target audience is.

"Indulge"

"Rejuvenate"

"Deep cleaning "

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I do wear a uniform but thought the picture might be a little more on the personal side and no I don't wear the ball cap when working

I will have to disagree with you about the equipment comments, from what I have experienced so far from a few walk up customers

they see what we are doing and they read the lettering on the truck and they ask about the worlds most powerful cleaning machine

the truck is something they are not use to seeing , so some are curious about it

Name
Ron lippold
steve have wayne make you something with a kid or a dog and make the try the big truck and have the truck a little smaller good luck you are o the right road

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i like the first ones but I'd dump the text "don't replace your carpet replace your carpet cleaner" since it's to existing clients ...LOL. the only other thing I'd add are bullets to summarize your services

-STEAM CLEANING

-RESIDENTIAL/COMMERCIAL

-UPHOLSTERY

-LOW MOISTURE BONNET CLEANING

-TILE & GROUT CLEANING

-

RandyHilburn

Steve,

Just one mans opinion: "Talk" to your customers about what you can do for them (e.g., clean carpets). Keep your end product in mind (you sell clean carpets). Vortex dealers use equipment photos because they sell vortex machines.

[McDonalds, Burger King and Pizza Hut don't advertise how great their grills, ovens and fryers are, they advertise special deals on burgers/pizzas and/or have photos of great looking food and professionally dressed people in sparkling clean restaurants.]

The equipment you use may be interesting to some, but the majority of your customers expect professional carpet cleaners to have good equipment.

All this said; Advertising can be trial and error, nobody's ideas work every time. My own record really is nothing to brag about. I just wanted to share what currently works for me. I look back on some of the crazy stuff I did years ago and marvel at my ignorance.

Best of luck in your campaign!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Steve,
I agree with running it by Wayne is a great idea but skip running it past a bunch of male carpet cleaners. We are not the market.

Run it by several women of the appropriate age 45+ and the appropriate income (differs by area).

As several have stated (yeah Jimmy) please ditch the hoodie unless you coach the Patriots.

But give yourself a pat on the back for at least testing the waters before sending it out.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Most of the people that want us to clean carpets because of the "worlds most powerful cleaning machine" are guys. Not my target audience. Not saying a vortex wont attract more attention than a regular van, I know first hand it will - in the field, not on ads.

bubba

I would think women 25 to 54 would be your audience. They spend the most money.

I like the one with the dog in it. I named my company after my dog, hence my red neck screen name. You will attract more people with mans best friend on there. I don't see people not using you because your dog is in the pic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom