Multiple Websites

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Do any of you use multiple websites? I know John Braun promotes it and has several of his within googles top 10.

I can see why it's attractive to hold several of the top spots. Most folks won't go past the first page of results.

I wonder if there are risks though. Will you get penalized by the search engines if the sites aren't different enough? Is it really worth the time?

Just wondering...

WISE

I have 9 domains right now...only one of them has a site up. Working on that as we speak. 7 related to this biz...2 others for another venture.

Trying to figure out how to tie it all together so to speak. A coherent message through multiple avenues of delivery.

WISE

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Seems like it could be a real PITA to maintain. I think being in the top 3 with just one site may be sufficient. I'm there for tile, grout and commercial carpet cleaning. Regular carpet cleaning though, that's another story.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Will you get penalized by the search engines if the sites aren't different enough?

It can if they are close like you said. But usually the engine will pick between one or the other and ignore the rest.

There's nothing wrong with having multiple sites if they give the user good info on the subject though, that's ultimately what engines want (good content related to the subject).

Albert

Name
Bruce
I have 4 domain names with only one site, the other 3 domain names are linked to my main site. The 3 that are linked do not come up in the search. I'm also going to be building sites for the other 3 domain names and see how the search goes from there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom