Mold from Steam Cleaning, Really?

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Below is a local community facebook post. Someone asked for a Carpet Cleaner reference. Looking for suggestions for a response which is short, succinct, and easy for the sheepeople to understand. The poster is a Dry x customer who drinks the koolaid.

Erin O'Connor Dry-X Carpet Care, Inc.
You might pay a little more, but given the name, it is a dry process so you don’t have to worry about mold forming in your carpet if too much water is left behind... and no having to wait on it to dry to move furniture back. I also think the carpets look even cleaner with this process vs standard carpet cleaning. Had them out last fall at both my home and office and the carpets look brand new. The owner, Ramon, is also a stellar guy, which makes me even happier to do business with good people that provide exceptional service. Highly recommend.
1f44d_1f3fc.png

Reactions: SamIam

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When we used to have Yellow Pages, many companies like Chem-Dry and similar outfits had ads just screaming things like, "squish is not a carpet sound" steam cleaning will split seams and cause mould and other nasty things. People believe what they read and what they are told. That's why its up to us to educate them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sad truth is, there are enough monkeybutts slinging wands out there to add a scintilla of credibility to their marketing bullchit

if that wasn't true, those brainwashed VLM only mOOks would starve

..L.TA

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Below is a local community facebook post. Someone asked for a Carpet Cleaner reference. Looking for suggestions for a response which is short, succinct, and easy for the sheepeople to understand. The poster is a Dry x customer who drinks the koolaid.

Erin O'Connor Dry-X Carpet Care, Inc.
You might pay a little more, but given the name, it is a dry process so you don’t have to worry about mold forming in your carpet if too much water is left behind... and no having to wait on it to dry to move furniture back. I also think the carpets look even cleaner with this process vs standard carpet cleaning. Had them out last fall at both my home and office and the carpets look brand new. The owner, Ramon, is also a stellar guy, which makes me even happier to do business with good people that provide exceptional service. Highly recommend.
1f44d_1f3fc.png

I would say while true some people who rent or use lower grade equipment have been known to over wet a carpet!

Even some professional on certain carpet types they may not understand.

Have in they’re hubris gone to far with over wetting.

And while over wetting can cause a smell.

If your boardering on two to three day’s drying there’s a problem.

A true professional who understands his craft and has been Cleaning for years can
use any method and make a huge difference.

Most professional steam cleaners with truckmounted equipment get 2-4 hour dry times.

Which isn’t going to cause mold!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would say while true some people who rent or use lower grade equipment have been known to over wet a carpet!

Even some professional on certain carpet types they may not understand.

Have in they’re hubris gone to far with over wetting.

And while over wetting can cause a smell.

If your boardering on two three day’s drying there’s a problem.

A true professional who understands his craft and has been Cleaning for years can
use any method and make a huge difference.

Most professional steam cleaners with truckmounted equipment get 2-4 hour dry times.

Which isn’t going to cause mold!
Maybe where you are but here 2-4 hour drying time is a myth. Think maybe 8-12 and overnight for heavily soiled areas.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Maybe where you are but here 2-4 hour drying time is a myth. Think maybe 8-12 and overnight for heavily soiled areas.
Ya you come from the land of ice and snow!
Use fans and tell them to kick the heat up!

Lastly throw more then one dry stoke!

Hahahaha

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ya you come firm the land of ice and snow!
Use fans and tell them to kick the heat up!

Lastly throw more then one dry stoke!

Hahahaha
We have some franchises here that advertise 2-4 hour drying times. Their former customers tell me it's more like 2-4 days. A lot of sloppy work going on and a lot of poorly maintained equipment. We had an auction a few years ago of a national franchise that went out of business. I checked it out thinking I my get a good used Cleanco. When I checked the blower filters, they were all covered in crud. One so bad it had collapsed. You can imagine what their drying times were.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We have some franchises here that advertise 2-4 hour drying times. Their former customers tell me it's more like 2-4 days. A lot of sloppy work going on and a lot of poorly maintained equipment. We had an auction a few years ago of a national franchise that went out of business. I checked it out thinking I my get a good used Cleanco. When I checked the blower filters, they were all covered in crud. One so bad it had collapsed. You can imagine what their drying times were.

absolutly when my guys get a complaint it always because they didn’t wash down the filter or replace the paint filter. Kills air flow and lift.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I’ve shown up on jobs first thing I do is pull hose of dev filter and use the dust downer if it’s not clean.

Then scold my guys if it’s not right.

Reactions: Cleanworks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Below is a local community facebook post. Someone asked for a Carpet Cleaner reference. Looking for suggestions for a response which is short, succinct, and easy for the sheepeople to understand.

You might want to look at your carpet manufacturer's website to see what method they recommend, and then look for recommendations for professional cleaners that use the recommended method. The vast majority of carpet mills recommend hot water extraction (steam) cleaning, which they wouldn't do if it caused problems for the carpet.

You're not promoting yourself, just correcting misinformation. Let the reader figure out the rest.

Mikey P

Administrator
absolutly when my guys get a complaint it always because they didn’t wash down the filter or replace the paint filter. Kills air flow and lift.

Good point, I blame their lack of keeping track of where they over prespray and don't rinse and drystoke enough

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom