Webinar May 18th - Beyond Specs and Components

FredC

Village Idiot
MileysBoard_WebinarGraphic.jpg

Chris Ryan, Product Manager for HydraMaster, and Doyle Bloss, Marketing and Brand Manager for HydraMaster
will be joining us for an informative in-depth examination of truckmount design and performance testing. Digging deeper than static measurement of CFM, horsepower, and solution temperature at settings that rarely occur in the real world, Chris and Doyle will help you better understand just how the truckmount works, and how we measure the performance of our truckmounts against each other and against competitive units.

Chris has an incredible ability to make truckmount engineering and design understandable for the novice, yet can get into the trenches on detail with the very best of them. He will walk you through just exactly how the same components on two different machines can create very different outcomes. He will show you how HydraMaster heat exchangers do their thing, and then how we measure the temperature performance of a machine, even when specifically comparing it to a competitive machine. If you have ever wondered just exactly how a truckmount manufacturer rates the performance of a machine beyond what the spec sheet says, this webinar is for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The 870 from SS SAYS UP TO 770 cfm. The blower spec sheet say up to 770 at 4000 rpm.

They don't spin their blower at that speed 770 is a totally misleading number. They're spinning at
3600 rpm

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The 870 from SS SAYS UP TO 770 cfm. The blower spec sheet say up to 770 at 4000 rpm.

They don't spin their blower at that speed 770 is a totally misleading number. They're spinning at
3600 rpm
Manufacturers are all liars, no exceptions, they all tell you the max capability of the components, never the performance you are getting in the real world application. For example the Prochem Peak with the t406 blower, they say it gets up 406 cfm, yet on gardner denvers website, it gets no where that even at maximum rpm. Unless they have some form of magic I don't know about, LIAR.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL
I think its only so glaringly obvious since carpet cleaners never lie. :icon_rolleyes:

Its marketing and lets face it, marketing often exaggerates!

Although I really am Mighty & yes Keith, I can run like the wind.
:biggrin:

FredC

Village Idiot
= t406 blower, they say it gets up 406 cfm, yet on gardner denvers website, =.

likely because the chart you are looking at begins at 10hg..............

10hg.jpg

find the curve.....or extrapolate...I think you'll find it flows 406 cfm

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe at 5,000 rpm. 4000 rpm at 10 "hg gets you 371cfm. In what universe are you running that blower that fast. You would need one hell of an engine, never mind the silencer.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Manufacturers are all liars, no exceptions, they all tell you the max capability of the components, never the performance you are getting in the real world application. For example the Prochem Peak with the t406 blower, they say it gets up 406 cfm, yet on gardner denvers website, it gets no where that even at maximum rpm. Unless they have some form of magic I don't know about, LIAR.

Ron, the magic is they use the "open flow" numbers - basically the bare blower just moving air - no vacuum or back pressure. Look for the spec for CFR - cubic feet of air per revolution. The 406 brochure doesn't list it, might have to call them for the CFR number, but here's what I'm talking about, shown for a 4M blower:

Note that the 4M is rated for 376 cfm at 3600 rpm and 6" hg lift. What's the free air cfm with no vacuum? It's 3600 X 0.117 = 421 cfm. You lose 45 cfm by pulling the 6" vacuum.

Not a huge difference, but it's there. You're right, its not real-world operating conditions, but if everyone uses the same spec at least you can make loose comparisons. The good news is that absolute cfm numbers aren't the holy grail for determining the best performance anyway - lots of other variables come into play.

CFR.jpg

Reactions: J Scott W and FredC

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree 100%. There are a lot of companies throwing a lot numbers about and they don't mean a thing in the real world. For example I have a unit that uses a 4mp sutorbilt blower on a 18 hp Honda and a unit with a sutorbilt 3ll with a 18 hp Kohler. The 3ll has incredible suction because of the the plumbing and small (60 gallon) recovery tank. I am going to do some replumbing on the other unit to bring it up to spec. The difference in real world cleaning is that the 3ll has so much vacuum pressure, that it is hard to move the wand, you really need a glide. The 4mp can utilize longer hoses but doesn't quite have the same oomph with shorter hose runs. I think the true measure is how much water can you recover, using the same pressure/flow, from one unit to another.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom