Lurker finally posting

X-Treme Clean

My name is Kris Ballard owner of X-Treme Clean Carpets in Medford, Oregon. Been cleaning since dec. 07'. Been lurking around mikeys since July and decided to post for the first time. I have learned lots on here. My current set up:2007 dodge caravan w/ 20's. Savage TM, w/ propane heater, rotovac 360 most jobs, big fan of CTI products and just recently magic wand chems too. Used my fair share of Prochem and chemspec, etc

G

Welcome.

Did you buy the Savage new? If so, what other TM's where you considering at the time? How do you like it?

Eric

X-Treme Clean

I bought it new. I like it, Were going to MW 320 truckmount though. Just ordered it couple days ago. I'm looking to do 9-10 jobs a day in a 12 hour day. The savage would never allow you to do that. but thats not really what the savage is for. But I have to say once we worked the bugs out, it does do a pretty damn good job.The heat is insane though. It is coming up for sale in a week if your interested. Its in a caravan right now. Pretty neat setup. 22mpg and each job cost me about buck to run the truckmount on a 4 bedroom house. It's the perfect setup for a newbie in the biz. Did the porty and hated it.

X-Treme Clean

How many do you do in any given busy day in certain amount of hours? Currently I do 3-4 jobs in 10hrs and 5jobs in 12-13hrs by my self. I figured I would add a helper and more powerful TM and be able to do atleast 8 in 12 hrs. Is that kind of out there?

X-Treme Clean

average 3-4 rooms each job around 600-700 sqft each house.
and around 5-10min drive between jobs

I figure pulling up to the first custy home at 8am sharp and pulling away from the last custy home at 8pm

Currently we have custy prevac, we prespray, rake it, nap brush it, edge the walls and rotovac most of it. With the new TM were going dual Roto vac 360 so should be able to get a 3-4rooms down to about 1:15-1:30 from 2 hours

Does that sound possibly?

Mikey P

Administrator
Well yeah I guess, but I hope you have the heart and stamina of Lance Armstrong.

Why dont you just slow down, do a better job and charge more so you only need to do 4 jobs instead?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
That's a serious amount of jobs. If you can keep that up and still enjoy life, you're a better man than me.

G

Well it's about time; Mikey has been dying to take a wack at ya; we already know you don't Prevac; Get a rope!!!! :twisted: :roll: :lol: :cry:

X-Treme Clean

The only time I prevac if it needs it. Most of the time I cant tell a difference, some custy's just don't have vacs so I have to but..... Waste my money? Thats my dream machine. Thats a heck of a machine. Saw it in person a week ago. It's power of a V but price of a slide.Plus I don't have to pay someone to work on it. So I see win win.........

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
For one it is not emission controlled. The EPA would not like to hear that. I've also heard that he used the exact heat exchange design as Prochem and it is patented.

X-Treme Clean

Huh, the one dual heat exchanger is a liquid exchanger. Not sure what prochem is but it holds twice as much liquid as his competitor, so maybe it is like prochems but a little different maybe. Seems like taf doesnt break any laws or anything. I do see that you two are competitors, so I do see this a little bias. But I do support my local interlink.(John Carter) I actually love CRS, You guys have probally the best prices out of anyone. But what emissions do blue line run? I was actually going to go with a thermal wave but I have seen to many problems with them latly. W/ electric and heat exchangers, hopefully the can get those things fixed and in a few years when we buy a second TM be a thermal. I do like the perfoamnce of them. Thanks for the heads up though!

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Yes I am his competitor and being that I have seen many people get ripped of by him one way or another. I do hope you have good luck with it but I would have suggested numerous other machines that I think would be better buys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom