lets talk Parents..

Name
La Canada Carpet Cleaning
Sorry Mike, Its super hard to accept there fate. Lost my Mom 2 years ago, stage4 melanoma cancer. He will like having you there!

God Bless your family and his!

Mikey P

Administrator
Home..

It all went much easier than expected. Although the Doc's give him a week to a month at best, in his mind he'll be lasting much longer.
So there were no tearful last goodbyes, should of could of would of's, regrets spoken or much of anything said on his part other than "go home to your women boys, I'll be fine".

and we had to leave it at that.

Two full days at his best side reminiscing, joking and letting him feel the love was awesome.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone!

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This entire post again has made me think and respond....

My wife Shari and I went over to see my parents this weekend at their camper which is about 90 miles away.

Been saying for years we need to take time to do that.

We had a great afternoon sitting around, sharing a few snacks and just talking about a lot of past, present and future.

Glad you could make it there Mikey,

Sorry about all you and the family are having to go through.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw

Same here. My parents live about 2400 miles away from me. I talk to them several times a month but it has been 2 years since the last time I have seen them. I just bought tickets last week for my wife and I to go spend a week with them in October.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Same here. My parents live about 2400 miles away from me. I talk to them several times a month but it has been 2 years since the last time I have seen them. I just bought tickets last week for my wife and I to go spend a week with them in October.

I seriously hope it is a great time for all of you!

Great to hear you are able to do this :)

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My dad walks 3 to 5 miles every morning 74. My mom just turned 70 is on oxygen and my dad takes care of her smoked to much now suffering the consequences.

Both living in Vegas in one of my sisters properties paying only $400 a month for the association fees to the condo, my sister covers the rest. The do all right on their own,

Daily trips to Trader Joes for free coffee and an awesome pool where they're at!

Going to pick my dad up and bring him to connection in september.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
It will be an awesome time. I get to see my parents and siblings and also get to enjoy LOTS of fresh Maine Lobstah.

Mikey P

Administrator
My mother passed away in 98 and my father in 03.
The last few years my father would ride on the truck with me and keep me company.
After he died I took his body and had it stuffed. It's a hoot when people walk into my house and see ole' Pop sitting in a recliner in the corner.
We often have long one sided conversations about things and such. He really goes wild when the Packers are on TV and I have to tell him to keep it down. Around the holidays I usually dress him up so he feels special. There are days when I take him outside and sit him under a tree and watch the squirrels climb all over him. I often tell him of my dreams of running for president and turning the country around. He just smiles....my ole' Pop!

lol

glad I re-read this whole thread.

Fn' Jimmy.:biggrin:

Reactions: SamIam

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm gonna see how many times I can say suck mop tomorrow.... sorry brother, lots o love

Reactions: Mikey P

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i can't imagine what i'd do without my pop. we're so sorry for your family's huge loss Mike.

Mikey P

Administrator
all I can say is thank god my dad did his time in the Army...

He escaped the wrath of a brokedick Iowa dirt farmer father and enlisted himself at the end of WW2.
Spent his 4 years in Korea.

Never fired a shot but was treated like gold by the VA hospital for the last five years. Three rounds of cancer battle would have drained all of his son's savings and more, had he not done his time in the service.

As life went on he grew more and more religious as well as patriotic. His home was bombarded with American Flags being blown around to the sounds of Rush Limbaugh.

At his (free) military burial at the Dallas National Cemetery I was presented with his flag.

Apparently my brothers knew that our bond was the strongest and saw fit to let me have it..

20140830_065723_zpsyimikfvp.jpg

Going through his belongings was just as I imagined it would be. Surreal and sad and no real surprises. I grabbed a few trinkets to remember him by, some snap shots that I had sent him over the years and the biggest score..

the original photo of him, the bottle of Jim Beam and my mom on his lap.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
all I can say is thank god my dad did his time in the Army...

He escaped the wrath of a brokedick Iowa dirt farmer father and enlisted himself at the end of WW2.
Spent his 4 years in Korea.

Never fired a shot but was treated like gold by the VA hospital for the last five years. Three rounds of cancer battle would have drained all of his son's savings and more, had he not done his time in the service.

As life went on he grew more and more religious as well as patriotic. His home was bombarded with American Flags being blown around to the sounds of Rush Limbaugh.

At his (free) military burial at the Dallas National Cemetery I was presented with his flag.

Apparently my brothers knew that our bond was the strongest and saw fit to let me have it..

20140830_065723_zpsyimikfvp.jpg

Going through his belongings was just as I imagined it would be. Surreal and sad and no real surprises. I grabbed a few trinkets to remember him by, some snap shots that I had sent him over the years and the biggest score..

the original photo of him, the bottle of Jim Beam and my mom on his lap.

I was reading this to Mel and couldn't finish before getting choked up. Yeah, I'm pretty soft I suppose.

Your authenticity, Mike, is such a huge part of the success of this board. Thanks for sharing all of this with us.

We wish you the very best.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I was reading this to Mel and couldn't finish before getting choked up. Yeah, I'm pretty soft I suppose.

Your authenticity, Mike, is such a huge part of the success of this board. Thanks for sharing all of this with us.

We wish you the very best.

Same here!

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom