Kudo's...on going thread~

Mikey P

Administrator
lets give this a try.

post letters, emails or phone calls that you get complimenting you or your crew's performance..

Hi, Mike: Davis and his asst. did a great job yesterday. Our flagstone looks brand new! The cement is also much improved. We love the clean rugs as well. Thank you again. Diane

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
lets give this a try.

post letters, emails or phone calls that you get complimenting you or your crew's performance..

You don't have enough room on the servers to post all the kudos that is in collection for the past 14 or so years.... :lol: :lol:

Actually I don't keep kudo letters...93% of the kudos are told on the phone on follow up calls.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
i dont have kudos reviews, never heard about it actually until a few months ago, not sure its very popular down here in FLA, how long has it been around?.... though i do have a ton of google and AL reviews...

Beeks

Name
J.R.
lol scratch that last post, i was thinking of Kudzo or whatever the hell its called....

JR is awesome, and super sexy. from: hot chick in O-town!

Mikey P

Administrator
[h=2]ku·dos[/h][SUP]1 [/SUP] [koo-dohz, -dohs, -dos, kyoo-] Show IPA
noun ( used with a singular verb )honor; glory; acclaim: He received kudos from everyone on his performance.

Origin:
1825–35; irregular transliteration of Greek kŷdos

Usage note
In the 19th century, kudos [SUP]1 [/SUP] entered English as a singular noun, a transliteration of a Greek singular nounkŷdos meaning “praise or renown.” It was at first used largely in academic circles, but it gained widercurrency in the 1920s in journalistic use, particularly in headlines: Playwright receives kudos. Kudos given totrack record breakers. Kudos is often used, as in these examples, in contexts that do not clearly indicatewhether it is singular or plural; and because it ends in -s, the marker of regular plurals in English, kudos has come to be widely regarded and used as a plural noun meaning “accolades” rather than as a singularmass noun meaning “honor or glory.”

Reactions: Beeks

Mikey P

Administrator
got a new Yelp yesterday

5/21/2013

We recently used Connoisseur to clean the carpets in our home and I couldn't be happier. Our carpet is off-white in color and had a couple of high traffic areas that I wasn't sure if they could get completely clean. Not only did they remove every last spot, but every room looks fabulous and if feels wonderful to the touch as well. The two young men who did the work were friendly, professional and a pleasure to work with. We won't hesitate to use Connoisseur again in the near future.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for the excellent job you did on our building carpets and on my personal suite as well (203). You were very thorough and professional and I would not hesitate to contract with you again in the future, or provide you with a reference.

Reactions: Mikey P

Beeks

Name
J.R.
[h=2]ku·dos[/h][SUP]1 [/SUP] [koo-dohz, -dohs, -dos, kyoo-] Show IPA
noun ( used with a singular verb )honor; glory; acclaim: He received kudos from everyone on his performance.

Origin:
1825–35; irregular transliteration of Greek kŷdos

Usage note
In the 19th century, kudos [SUP]1 [/SUP] entered English as a singular noun, a transliteration of a Greek singular nounkŷdos meaning “praise or renown.” It was at first used largely in academic circles, but it gained widercurrency in the 1920s in journalistic use, particularly in headlines: Playwright receives kudos. Kudos given totrack record breakers. Kudos is often used, as in these examples, in contexts that do not clearly indicatewhether it is singular or plural; and because it ends in -s, the marker of regular plurals in English, kudos has come to be widely regarded and used as a plural noun meaning “accolades” rather than as a singularmass noun meaning “honor or glory.”
yea yea, lol....this one is from AL

Our appointment time was 8am and sure enough, a very professional and friendly carpet expert was at my door. He gave me a pro-grade spot removal bottle for after the job was done(just in case our pets have an accident). After a brief walk through and conversation about heavily trafficked areas, my carpets were being cleaned. I was told it would take about an hour and a half to complete the job, And it took exactly an hour and a half. My carpets look fantastic and I am very happy! Call these guys!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine cleaned my carpet in my home and it looks amazing!! I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a trustworthy and respectable company to come into their home or business. I have had them clean the carpets and VCT floors in several of my commercial offices throughout the Des Moines area. The service and quality of work was great!

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Mikey P

Administrator
Hello Mike I just had one of your customer call in that had her carpets cleaned 5/28 she called in just to let you know how pleased she is with the service that was provided by the technician. Says she is not an easy person to please and she was pleased with the tech being on time nice an very professional. And she says it has really been a pleasure J Here is her information for your records:

Nice!

Mikey P

Administrator
Hello Mike,

Marty R. called to say what a great job Davis did on her carpets. She stated they look brand new and they were horrible. She also wants to know if you could mail her a copy of her invoice.

Thank you,

nice!

Answerphone

Name
Jeff
Just ran our mid year report to see how the company is doing, and to gauge my first 6 months as President.

Sales are up 22.9% so far this year, so we're crushing our original goal of 10%. I can't thank anyone more than our team members here at Answerphone of America. This is turning out to be an incredible year for us, and it's 100% because of our employees! :headbang: :icon_cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Wow Davis and Eli did such an awesome job! I had tile and grout which, now look brand new!
Such nice young men, arrived early, respectful and quick!

Most definitely will use again, and be my first to recommend when ever anyone asks!
Great Job ... reasonable pricing!

Love it

Mikey P

Administrator
Hello,
I had my carpets and 2 couches cleaned today by Davis and Eli. They did a fabulous job (as usual). I just wanted to let you know they did a great job and I left a review on Yelp! saying so. I also had a conversation with Davis regarding dogs and I showed him a picture of my brother-in-law's dog but I could not remember the breed name. Would you please let him know the dog is a English Staffordshire bull terrier, thank you.

The guys really step it up on every job with that $25 cash bonus offer for Yelp reviews..

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
lets give this a try.

Wow, Mike, this thread is rapidly becoming all about YOUR employees. Oh, wait a minute, maybe that is why it is called "Mikey's Board"! :)

Steve

PS OK, Mike, only since you asked here are just a few of the comments and reviews we've received over the years. We literally have hundreds of more reviews but Sioux is backed up (her term- mine is "slacking off") on entering them into Wordpress.

Mikey P

Administrator
I like this one..

“Chuck Violand was excellent. He showed us just how important the financials are when you want to run a business and not just own a job.”
Dan Pauselius, Never Cleaner
Maybrook, NY

Dan went out of biz a few months later..:shifty:

Mikey P

Administrator
“Steve Toburen is without a shadow of a doubt the best speaker and genuinely most sincere and compassionate person I have ever met. His ability to effectively communicate is right through the roof. Steve’s passion is to help his students achieve their highest level of success.”
Doug Moerschbacher, Clean Sweep
Pleasant Gap, PA

I would really like to question Sioux about some of those claims.

Mikey P

Administrator
“After twenty-plus years in this business I knew I had to ‘do something different’ or else go do something else in another industry. I know several fellow cleaners who are SFS graduates. I’ve noticed that after attending SFS they become scarce from our internet bulletin board ‘hangouts’ because they are busy implementing what they have learned. I hope others will say the same about me! This is in no way a ‘once and done’ seminar. I have a feeling I will be back several times to get the things I have no doubt missed.”
Danny Strickland, Nitty Gritty
Tallahassee, FL

I think that one should be recalled.

Mikey P

Administrator
“Excellent, very informative and certain to make an impact in our company. No other program compares to SFS at any cost. Strategies for Success gives you the tools to go out and make an immediate impact in your business. My free time to peruse the boards and hone my photoshop skills will greatly benefit from attending.”
Richard Chavez, Chavez Cleaning Services
Topeka, KS

Mikey P

Administrator
Strategies for Success is the targeted, industry specific business building training program that I have spent twenty years looking for and believing didn’t exist. For those carpet cleaners who want to develop into educated business owners I’d recommend SFS.”
Martin Sutley, Admiral Clean
Prattville, AL

That was nice of Marty.

Are you sure it was really Marty?

Mikey P

Administrator
you went just before me.

The internet had not been invented yet.

I'm dead positive that Bill's portion on marketing now would be as hip as could be.

and I may just have to go again next year :eekk:

hogjowl

Idiot™
They advertise here ... right?

Marketing is different than advertising.

Bill is great at marketing.

He sucks at advertising.

As do almost all of us.

Mikey P

Administrator
So what exactly were you hoping to learn there about Advertising?

How to get that Font of yours onto door hangers, polo shirts, radio spots, lawn signs and embroidered on your custom Wand Bra?

Why does a one truck wonder like yourself need to advertise?, Seriously at that point in time what would you have done with any knowledge passed out on the subject. Now once you let your son go out on his own and get another Aerotech I could see your concern..

oh, and get a new website because eventually your neighbors are going to learn how to read in another generation.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I didn't need to advertise ever ... certainly not at the time I went to SFS.

However, now ... with the addition of my son ... I need to advertise.

I noticed even then that there was absolutely no practical discussion of effective advertising methods at SFS. I never thought much about it, because there are never any effective advertising advice offered up in any format in our business.

However, the older I get, the more I realize that to be the crux of what any real business guru should offer.

Or go home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom