Just poured the new wash floor and now...

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I want to paint it. I'm afraid if Monahan sees my new wash floor unpainted he'll turn his nose at me.
Turcott says he used an epoxy called Ameriloc out of Canada. He says it goes by Americoat in the states. I can't find a distributor nor can I reach them.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Our wash floor went 35 years before we coated it for the first time. You might give it time to cure and just use a penetrating sealant. Like painting a deck, once you paint concrete (even using epoxy) you'll have to do it again and again as the paint wears and chips.

BTW, did you go with the grooves?

Reactions: Joe Appleby

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You should not let it dry too fast maybe keep sprinkling water on it. I would ask your concrete guy but I always keep my new concrete wet for the first days after poured.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I cured mine for 2 weeks used Rust-Oleum 6500 Epoxy pressure washed and acid etched the floor got about 6 years out other first floor
needs redoing probably next winter

Name
Nate W.
Hey Appleby, call my pops... He is pretty heavy into concrete moisture testing and is a distributor for the brand AC Tech... He'd steer you in the right direction... I'll pm you his information..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom