Just $100,000 from DODs

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was just checking some reports and realized I just broke $100,000 from the Deal of the day companies.

Groupon
Living Social
Amazon Local
Urban Dealight
Weekly Plus
Angies List
Mamapedia
Some smaller ones as well.

I've been running the deals for about 3 years...But with 7 or 8 months in between on the first 2 years and then a few overlapping in the 3rd year.

Not too bad for ZERO advertising costs, gauranteed customers...most of them quality customers....This is including repeats but not ALL the referrals....Only some referrals were included in the total.

I'm posting the numbers because I said I would post Deal of the Day numbers......I usually keep that stuff off the boards.

Just thought I would bring it up....I think it's done pretty good......Oh crap wait. I didn't include my Sacramento area. :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sacramento was a little over $30,000

But I don't get 100% of that.

And I've only ran 2 groupons and 2 Living Socials

I started doing those deals for Sac late last year.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
When you give away 50% or so of the initial job.

You definitely ARE paying for their advertising.

Zero advertising costs my ass.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Royal Man said:
When you give away 50% or so of the initial job.

You definitely ARE paying for their advertising.

Zero advertising costs my ass.

It's all how you structure it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ifn i give up 50% to clean a place...

it dont matter dick how its structured....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
Good job! How much of that did you clean yourself?

Hard to tell because I was doing Groupon in the Dallas area before I got here...But I'm doing some repeats myself.

All the Living Socials etc were me.... I would say about 60% in the Dallas area was done by me....I suppose I could change the date on the report to when I started....But that takes more work. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
ifn i give up 50% to clean a place...

it dont matter dick how its structured....

Actually you are giving up around 75% of your NORMAL prices....Most of my customers don't pay my "normal" price anyway.

Because you cut your "price" in half....and then give Groupon etc half.

They key is to structure the deal in such a way where you don't lose money going in and leave enough room to make more money while you're there by offering other services.

It really has been the best thing I've done to aquire new customers FAST....Most people have more done than what they buy. AND if someone is going to pay money over the internet for carpet cleaning...They usually have more money to spend when you get there IE: quality customers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Ken....I think if I would have pushed it more in this area like when I first started subbing here, I would have made more.

I tried to go with a little higher priced deals as to not lose money on each deal...And therefore I sold less vouchers.

The most I sold at 1 time was 170....and that was the lowest priced deal.

But really, this is such a saturated area for carpet cleaners any other convential advertising would have been a losing battle.

So now the client base is up there a little and the repeats and referrals are really coming in...Doing a whole house this morning from about 5 months ago.

Guys pay money up front for advertising...or even month to month to slowly grow their company.

I've done that....Years ago.

This in a nut shell is just working for your advertising instead of "writing a check".

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Brian - As you know the real test is the follow up in the future of those "NEW" clients via email(free). If you don't, I would say that you missed the biggest value. If you do, I would say that the actual and not perceived value will not be known/achieved until time tells you. Congrats on the initial success. Just think if you could leverage them for referrals! I would do a present vs future value computation on these new clients based on your business success such as retention, repeats, $ value ticket of repeats, etc. Maybe over a 5 year period. Nice job - you know where you need to go!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom