Interview with our MB CleanCo owners..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Russ;

I thought Cleanco used Cat pumps on the #45 & #47.
Yes, mine is the 47.

Van had a slow coolant leak.

My mechanic made it sound like the Ford water pump is replaced during installation, with something rather difficult to find.

I'm glad there was one available in Des Moines. I think he found it on eBay.

I don't like weirdness.

Especially expensive weirdness.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
When you install a new clutch on DD you need to burnish them. Had a CDS that I replaced the clutch. Talk to your mechanic on how to do it I forgot or the owners manual. Helps to prolong the life of the clutch.

Reactions: Russ T.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My mechanic used sand paper to rough up the clutch. My 03 chevy uses a standard water pump. Check the fly wheel clutch at the same time. One time mine went out and the van was overheating. Good time to switch it out before you get busy. Replaced 3 water pumps over time at $800 a piece. Also keep an eye open for those idler pulleys, replace them when they get worn by the belt.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
When you install a new clutch on DD you need to burnish them. Had a CDS that I replaced the clutch. Talk to your mechanic on how to do it I forgot or the owners manual. Helps to prolong the life of the clutch.

I have no idea what it means to burnish a clutch but if it will make it last more than 6-12 months, then I'm all in!

It's super quiet now. It feels like I'm going down the road in a Caddy!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My mechanic used sand paper to rough up the clutch. My 03 chevy uses a standard water pump. Check the fly wheel clutch at the same time. One time mine went out and the van was overheating. Good time to switch it out before you get busy. Replaced 3 water pumps over time at $800 a piece. Also keep an eye open for those idler pulleys, replace them when they get worn by the belt.
I don't even know what these things are, that you mention. Except the water pump.

Have you done all the work yourself James?

I wish there was a distributer in Des Moines SO bad. Omaha is 2.5 hours away and KC is 3 hours. My system was installed in KC.

I rely on my auto mechanic to fix the truck. So far he hasn't let me down!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't even know what these things are, that you mention. Except the water pump.

Have you done all the work yourself James?

I wish there was a distributer in Des Moines SO bad. Omaha is 2.5 hours away and KC is 3 hours. My system was installed in KC.

I rely on my auto mechanic to fix the truck. So far he hasn't let me down!
I haven't heard of replacing the trucks water pump before. I am under the impression that they use the OEM pump.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I have no idea what it means to burnish a clutch but if it will make it last more than 6-12 months, then I'm all in!
I believe it is just a matter of cycling the clutch / machine on and off 5 or 6 times for like 5 minutes a time while it is not under load. Not sure what speed to do it at high,low,or medium. The purpose is to strengthen the magnet so that your clutch won't slip as easy and thus last longer.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Russ
Call your mechanic. The instructions for burnishing the clutch might be in the box that the clutch comes in.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I haven't heard of replacing the trucks water pump before. I am under the impression that they use the OEM pump.
Mechanic said it was a different pump and bracket. My Cleanco is installed in a '09 Ford E250. It's the Compact 47 with Max Heat.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Mechanic said it was a different pump and bracket. My Cleanco is installed in a '09 Ford E250. It's the Compact 47 with Max Heat.
Maybe someone with more pto experience can chime in. Usually the water pump is mounted to the engine block isn't it? How can they substitute another Model? It has a specific mounting configuration and gasket. The trucks water pump just keeps the coolant circulating through the cooling system and heat exchangers. I don't know why the oem pump wouldn't be sufficient.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a independent mechanic who has taken interest in my machine. He is the only person I trust to touch it. Since I have a chevy my set up is different than a ford. I know cleanco prefers a chevy over a ford. Have your mechanic examine all idler pulleys, fan clutch and water pump. Don't understand a foreign made water pump?

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Lee Stockwell
There is a high performance engine water pump that increases flow by more than 40%.

I used them on the 2 Chevys that had Banes, boosted heat very much.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I asked my mechanic last year if there was a high performance water pump and he said no. Can you give me a place to see it or a part number for a 03 6 liter chevy?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Thanks Lee. When I had my mine fixed a few months ago I asked my mechanic if he could find a more rugged performance pump and he said no. Not sure if that one is good enough?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom