Interview with our MB CleanCo owners..

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I can't find one cleanco unit on you tube...Has anyone else seen one?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just went to YouTube, typed in Cleanco and a video popped up right away. I am on my cel phone and can' t post a link but there appear to be several videos

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You ain't never seen my STEAMGENIE....

Not only could a monkey flip it on, but can maintenence one as well with locally obtainable parts.

3 choices of rinse: water , acid or alkyl

And it rides at 15hg on the vac meter all day

Wanner also makes a better pump.....and I'm heated by Butlers Heat Exchangers so.....

Did I mention , all stainless

Name
Nate W.
You ain't never seen my STEAMGENIE....

Not only could a monkey flip it on, but can maintenence one as well with locally obtainable parts.

3 choices of rinse: water , acid or alkyl

And it rides at 15hg on the vac meter all day

Wanner also makes a better pump.....and I'm heated by Butlers Heat Exchangers so.....

Did I mention , all stainless

Excuse me, your balls are showing Smeagol...

Reactions: GCCLee and EDS
Name
Nate W.
Would you want a 45 or 47 blower? and Both Rinse options or just the standard 1 ? and finally...size tanks you think you would need .......

47 blower, both rinse would be nice but 1 is fine, 210 butler waste tank, or the regular Steam Genie tank is also excellent..

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Clutch is being swapped on mine again, this Monday.

I think it's been swapped 4 times in as many years.

That's really the only trouble I've had but I wish it wasn't always a looming concern. I'm glad it whines for a little bit to give me some warning. I haven't replaced it myself. I've just had my mechanic swap it out.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

That's really the only trouble I've had but I wish it wasn't always a looming concern. I'm glad it whines for a little bit to give me some warning. I haven't replaced it myself. I've just had my mechanic swap it out.
Sounds like something is really wrong there. There are old Cleancos running around here with years old clutches. Maybe the alignment is off or the belts are too tight or something.

Reactions: Russ T.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
everytime you change a belt....stick a straight edge in and check your alignments

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Hang in there, Russ!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There was a bit of a whine to it when I bought the van 4 years ago. I brought it down to KC to have the installer check it out immediately, just so I would have a good idea what kind of van I bought.

The installer changed the fluids and belts for me and had me out the door in no time at all. The bill was refreshingly low but I was really trying to get my rig in tip top shape.

I mentioned the whine in the clutch and he kind of just shrugged it off. I knew there was something wrong.

There was a big hose coming off the heat exchanger that had some corrosion on the brass, also. It just looked like it leaked at one point. I showed it to him so he might replace it but he just acted like it would be unnecessary.

If I have to maintain my trucks with little to no help from a distributer (3 hours away), I might be looking elsewhere for the next rig. Maybe Butler would give me the support I need to maintain myself?

I really think the Cleanco is a great rig, built to make money without a lot of down time.

But I can't just drive to KC for him to change the oil and send me on my way!

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
There was a bit of a whine to it when I bought the van 4 years ago. I brought it down to KC to have the installer check it out immediately, just so I would have a good idea what kind of van I bought.

The installer changed the fluids and belts for me and had me out the door in no time at all. The bill was refreshingly low but I was really trying to get my rig in tip top shape.

I mentioned the whine in the clutch and he kind of just shrugged it off. I knew there was something wrong.

There was a big hose coming off the heat exchanger that had some corrosion on the brass, also. It just looked like it leaked at one point. I showed it to him so he might replace it but he just acted like it would be unnecessary.

If I have to maintain my trucks with little to no help from a distributer (3 hours away), I might be looking elsewhere for the next rig. Maybe Butler would give me the support I need to maintain myself?

I really think the Cleanco is a great rig, built to make money without a lot of down time.

But I can't just drive to KC for him to change the oil and send me on my way!

If you don't change the oil or belts yourself, don't get a butler......... You need to do the maintenance on them and send in the monthly reports, or you could move to Massachusetts and have them do it for you.... :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I had two clutches replaced on my Pro-1200.
I was not charged for it which was nice as Sapphire and Ray at CMS took care of it. I wonder if it is the same clutch company and if they had (have) some quality control issue.

That is a big issue.

Never had it happen a single time with 3 CDS's, for over twenty years.

Does Butler really require that Nate?
If so, they'll be out of my consideration for the next rig. I service my machine at the 400 hours. If I have to do more, I ain't buying a butler.

Reactions: SamIam and Russ T.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My disty is the exact opposite...

They charge me for shop towels. Idiots...:hopeless:

If I have to maintain my trucks with little to no help from a distributer (3 hours away),

:eekk: Three hours away!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Three hours is REALLY far...right?

Am I just being a weenie?

Omaha is only about 2 hours and 15 minutes. That's an hour and a half better than KC round trip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom