F

FB7777

its been 3 days for a long time now... at least it was when I slept through it

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross said:
Bill, my last question was left back on the other page... what do you mean by no Yellow Pages? No display or no listing at all? Is there any value to the Yellow Pages?

Ithink an in column ad is fine for people that just can't remember the fact that you have been mailing them something every month.

Some people over 85 still use the YP it may be the 1995 book but it is still the YP

harryhides

Name
Tony
Since the "you'd be floored" report put out by the iicrc found that only 5% of the people polled had heard of the IICRC and since you are into marketing.

What suggestions would you have about how to better market the brand if you were asked?

Have you ever been asked?

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
I think the YP still has some value. I went on line for a plumber recently and found several, but the best one (actually, the only one that showed up) was in the YP. He had a small display ad, so that didn't cost him much.

Not everyone can expect to keep fliers and mailings on their fridge. Something in the YP can jog their memories.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
harryhides said:
Since the "you'd be floored" report put out by the iicrc found that only 5% of the people polled had heard of the IICRC and since you are into marketing.

What suggestions would you have about how to better market the brand if you were asked?

Have you ever been asked?

Actually I don't think IICRC would ever have enough money to turn it into a brand. It would have to start from the retailers level with each carpet sold and that will never happen. No I haven't been asked.

Can anyone name a plumbers or electricians certification.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross said:
I think the YP still has some value. I went on line for a plumber recently and found several, but the best one (actually, the only one that showed up) was in the YP. He had a small display ad, so that didn't cost him much.

Not everyone can expect to keep fliers and mailings on their fridge. Something in the YP can jog their memories.

Every marketing vehicle must be judged on ROI. The biggest problem is not just the YP but the fact that all the ads look the same.

Jeff Cross

Supportive Member
Oh, so you are saying get our trucks into the ad, and perhaps ourselves, if we are wearing a nice black tie?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross said:

I think it was woody Allen who said 90% of success is showing up.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I spend two weeks coaching him how to deal with Odin, and you two have to put on the clown noses......

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mikey P said:
What CC Bulletin Board do you like best?

Well I like a board that has a lot of activity and has some people that can challenge the status quo.

Got any in mind?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jim Pemberton said:
I spend two weeks coaching him how to deal with Odin, and you two have to put on the clown noses......

Maybe because i said I would have bought one of his boosters

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I can only take thunderbolts for one guest at a time, Mr. Cross.

I think I hear thunder rumbling in the distance...........you're on your own!

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Cross said:
Oh, so you are saying get our trucks into the ad, and perhaps ourselves, if we are wearing a nice black tie?

I was looking at an IICRC brochure from Japan and the notorious picture was in it. The picture that i am referring to is the pic of the tech with the white shirt and tie on using a wand wearing 1980 Nike shoes. It has been in every scam flier ever created in addition to the cover of ICS and ASCR mags. It just goes to show that regardless of where you live in the world copycat marketing is alive and well.

Mikey P

Administrator
Did you know we averaged 558 posts per day last week?

Did you realize I ran off all the (well, most of) BB idiots to some place in Texas where they can sit around and chat about how "Profit" is a four letter word?

Did you know that with every one year's membership here you get a free fruitcake delivered to your front door?

harryhides

Name
Tony
What have your students told you directly or indirectly is the greatest need in the education /training of the typical cleaning techs that at least show up to a class?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Yes I did hear about the posts and how many new members joined in the last month. What do you attribute that to

and it ain't the fruitcake

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
harryhides said:
What have your students told you directly or indirectly is the greatest need in the education /training of the typical cleaning techs that at least show up to a class?

Well unfortunately many of them want to know how to clean the nastiest apartments and then they want to know how to get more business. I think those 2 thoughts are opposing.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Lee Stockwell said:
Any chance of ever integrating some of Bane's good points into the industry at large....or vice versa?

Good hearing from you Lee. I just heard that the last digest was being printed. That was a legendary publication and on heck of a marketing tool.

I think many of their good points such as education has been incorporated. I don't think anyone outside of Bane has had ABC.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Have you ever been to Santo Domingo in the DR and do you have the slightest interest in ever going there?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom