If you owned a vortex

Name
Bruce
I don't have a vortex now and I wont clean apartments for anything cheaper then my regular price. A company in my area does them for $60 no matter how many rooms.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would not do it for .06 or .07 a sqft
but just because I have one does not mean I am above cleaning a apartment..or a restaurant ....money is money if they are willing to pay I am willing to clean .....and no I am not as expensive as most..........our market will not handle what everyone else post they make.........

Shane

Jim Martin said:
I would not do it for .06 or .07 a sqft
but just because I have one does not mean I am above cleaning a apartment..or a restaurant ....money is money if they are willing to pay I am willing to clean .....and no I am not as expensive as most..........our market will not handle what everyone else post they make.........

I'm with Jim, if the money is right I'll clean anything. It's all about what you deposit ATB.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John Spezia said:
How many sqft is the average you guys clean per hour, Including moving furniture????

2 man crew, and a res that's "reasonably" prepped by the homeowner before we get there..
600 to 800sf an hour.

empties in decent shape are 1000sf plus.

To answer Harley's question..
with or without a V...nope

If they're lined up like ducks in a row and two guys dual hacking away soaping and sucking through the wand, I s'pose a fellow might be able eek out a small profit, though.

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John Spezia said:
So basically, that's $60/hour for 2 guys. Wow that sucks???

That's "our" production rates for single wanding, John

None of us know what the dudes with the V, Harley is talking about gets.

There's outfits in my area that would hack thru empties at twice+ our production rates with a single wand.
So maybe the guy is grossing a $buck twenty an hour or more

..L.T.A.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
We have a guy in our area that has a few trucks with kids on them doing apts for 50.00 a pop. he does 80% of the apartments in the area. He makes his $$ on the water and fire jobs. I try not going under 70.00

ShawnB

Would I? Nope. I don't even encap for those rates.

Doesn't mean someone else won't though.

Tile Nerd

If you buy a vortex for apartment cleaning, you must be doing a lot of this:

smokey.gif

Make a long story short, I stopped buy a small distr that opened up about a yr ago. I was talking with them and the subject of apartments came up. He says he worked for a company doing them and he cleaned 15 to 18 apartments per day SOLO. All he did was clean. Another person came behind him doing special spotting and repairs. I brought up that a cleaner here has a V and he said he knew them and they were doing apartments with it. He also said the cleaners here wouldn't buy from him due to price and would only pick up something if they ran out. They buy from local vacuum shop which carries $hit chemicals.
With five trucks they cleaned 120 apartments per day so he says. I don't see any quality and no time for a second pass.

Greenie

second pass? no time for dry pass on the forward stroke!

Honestly, I hate guys who clean for cheap just waiting on the "flood" work to actually turn a profit. Kinda makes ya wonder, how long til the Insurance companies catch on and realize they must be overpaying on the work or this "business tactic" wouldn't actually pan out....it takes a profitable flood to float all of those non profit cleans.

I also believe apt. cleaning companies are responsible for launching 1/2 of our uneducated inexperienced upstarts, the ones out there that GAVE the market to ChemDry some 20 years ago, the poor bastards can't make a living on $12/hr and are forced to consider doing the suck and run for themselves.

Tile Nerd

the collective said:
second pass? no time for dry pass on the forward stroke!

Honestly, I hate guys who clean for cheap just waiting on the "flood" work to actually turn a profit. Kinda makes ya wonder, how long til the Insurance companies catch on and realize they must be overpaying on the work or this "business tactic" wouldn't actually pan out....it takes a profitable flood to float all of those non profit cleans.

I also believe apt. cleaning companies are responsible for launching 1/2 of our uneducated inexperienced upstarts, the ones out there that GAVE the market to ChemDry some 20 years ago, the poor bastards can't make a living on $12/hr and are forced to consider doing the suck and run for themselves.

Those apartment floods are no good. They don't usually want to dry the walls. Actually they think they are the expert and try to tell you how to do your job.

Huh, a lot like insurance companies telling doctors how to do there job just to keep the bill$ down.

frusty.gif

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds like over kill for that type of work.

Greenie those same guys probably aren't doing anything right with the WDR work either.

I can't see them all of the sudden following industry standards & yes the restoration industry has the problems with bottom feeders that the carpet cleaning industry does!

Greenie

Nerd, If you remove malpractice insurance all of our medical bills would plumet. The ability to sue for ungawdly amounts has cost us dearly.

Tile Nerd

the collective said:
Nerd, If you remove malpractice insurance all of our medical bills would plumet. The ability to sue for ungawdly amounts has cost us dearly.

agree.gif
This country needs some serious tort reform and changes to the current tax code. I like the "Fair Tax".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom