Ideas For Top Customer Gifts/Incentives???

CobaltTed

Hey guys,

I am curious what you are giving to your larger customers as a gift/incentive/loyalty reward?

We have some larger customers with female decision makers, so we opt for the jumbo Godiva chocolate gift sets. This is of course combined with many smaller treats throughout the year. Seems to work.........

What about you?

T

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I am still in my first year of business and the cash flow is tight, but I give my larger customers top notch service and go above and beyond and make them happy with my service.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you should give everyone top notch service

you need to find a way to provide quality service and quality customer service. Gifts aren't important when you give it but it is a topic for conversation. Unless asked who says "I have to tell you Jim did such a great job at my facility? or do they wait for "do you know anyone" that is a long wait. If you give them something to talk about, like godiva chocolates it gives them an oppurtunity to refer you. Something like"the funniest or strangest or kindest or greatest thing happened to me today, I was down and had to have my carpets cleaned. When the guy came he did what he was supposed and did a great job them he gave me a gift. Totally unexpected"

It gives them a reason to talk about you/

CobaltTed

Yes, top notch service/quality is a given - a must!!!

Throwing expensive gifts to cover over poor performance/quality is $$$ into the wind.

The pricey chocolates have done well to create positive conversation about us. And they seem to last a while, while the client savors them.

Any other ideas?

Bryan Irvin

Gift cards...give em to the people in key positions, but be careful, "kickbacks" can be illegal in some circumstances. If youre not that comfortable with them, send over lunch for the office.

Bryan

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
curiosity. What do you think you are trying to accomplish with a gift. Are you trying to kickback and say thanks for the $3000 you spent of you companies money? Or Please remember me? Or please talk about me? You only know what you fall into. And that is how you should choose the gift. A gift Card says kick back. Chocolates say I wanna #$ck you but we are both married keep ordering my carpet cleaning. Different situations for different products, I am not a big fan of the spotter I am more into what they may like.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I prefer the tasteful yet useful gifts of coffee cups & really good coffee. On occasion Swiss Tobolerone Chocolates.

CobaltTed

Greg Crowley said:
Chocolates say I wanna #$ck you but we are both married keep ordering my carpet cleaning.

No, not really.

My (select) custys that we give our high dollar chocolates to know that it is simply a thoughtful gesture from a first class service (who cares enough to send the very best - lol). We have an excellent long-term business relationship and it is unthinkable that they would read more into it.

Although it is true that their corporate office signs our checks, the local representatives that we deal with are the gatekeepers who decide to keep us or axe us. So we simply say thank you, in a premium way.

This works for them, but I may choose a different treat for other customers.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
A christmas card. Anything else and I would feel like I'm kissing a$$.

But, I must say I like Steven's idea of a spotting bottle. Not a whole kit but one can for each employee. I guesss since it's related to the service it doesn't feel like suckin up.

Albert

brite n clean

I give every customer a bottle of the Home Pro Spotter from Bridgepoint. It's only about 2 bucks a bottle and it has your contact information on it.
The customer always appreciates it and has your name and phone number in their cupboard. I just bought about 500 ink pens and am going to start including the pens spot remover and a refrigerator magnet with each cleaning. I really don't see any point in giving customers expensive chocolates. If we do a great job at a fair price, and leave something that reminds them who we are, and follow up with an occasional card or brochure, they'll call us back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom