I have a request to pressure wash a house.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
pre-spray 'n rinse (I presume you rinse??)
what a unique concept :lol:

We add a surfactant to the mix for better cling time on walls.

that's the biggest problem on dirty stuff I reckon??
dwell time?..since you're relying on chems to do all the work?

your bleach, lye and/or acid solution recovery regulated?

.LT.A.

steve_64

This is something I've done as an add on. I'll do the porch area for $25 on my way out. Most people just want the north side done to remove the algae. I always keep the wand with me now.
I also do the pressure washing at new construction like I'm doing today. I clean a lot of brick and mortar and vynil as well as sidewalks and driveways.

Name
Swani
Forget soft washing for the moment.

Although it is definitely worth looking into, and can be far superior for many applications, it requires a fair amount of basic pressure washing experience, chemical knowledge, and a specific setup to allow down-streaming very strong solutions at high volumes.

Just as carpet cleaners have their own prespray cocktails, softwasher's rely on their own cocktails of hose wash concentrates in bulk to be metered into their streams.

Most are home brews using Sodium Hydroxide purchased in bulk and mixed as needed with other agents.

Gotta have the right equipment and know what your doing.

You better off tacking this for basic experience if you have none.

Pressure washing is more than it is cracked up to be, and can be very physical work.

What exactly do they want you to clean, and what equipment do you have available?

GPM does the heavy lifting, NOT psi.
It will be washing bird poop off stucco. I've got a TM and a small karcher pressure washer.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The bird poop will come off easy with the soft wash house wash mix.

Yes chem do most of the work and I didn’t believe most of it myself until I bought a small starter kit and experimented sofwashing.

Trust me it is almost never a good idea the pressure wash a house.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Nick, buy a gallon of wash n wax at Autozone. Pour some into a bottle of bleach.

Wet down the shrubs with clear water, put CLEAR plastic over them (black will cook them). I rigged a brass garden hose nozzle to a quick connect. You loft suds onto the wall, sip your coffee until the mildew is gone, adjust the stream a little and rinse it off with clear water. Lots of clear water.. Repeat as needed. Not a lot of pressure, but the nozzle gives a vigorous rinse.

That’s it. Easy as pie. The car Wash n wax will rinse cleanly off the windows and the suds help you target it evenly. Oh yeah: apply from low to high. NOT high to low.

$300/average house.

Good luck.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Or....

Buy a soft wash attachment for your pressure washer and do job easier with repeatable results.

Only 3 or 4 jet attachments are necessary for most jobs.

We use a last stage injection as to not ruin hoses, pump and other componants.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
D957F9B3-D874-4185-8772-82312E6434C1.jpeg
43A7BACA-1EBB-4201-B963-2A0C87A4A845.jpeg

At Lowes.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It will be washing bird poop off stucco. I've got a TM and a small karcher pressure washer.

Gas or electric?

How high is the highest poopage?

Painted??

How old??

Popcorn pattern??

Give it a good pre-inspection just as you would anything else.

Walk it with a screwgie and tap any questionable areas that may appear loose, and look for any cracks or bubbles.

Can you get any pics??

Gotta be very careful with a lot of Stucco.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Big difference between pressure and soft washing. Pressure washing exterior is more like paint prep. Gotta know what you're doing if using real pressure for just cleaning. Pressure washing flat work (concrete) requires care so as not to damage. Wash water in storm drain system is a no no in all 50 states. I pressure wash flat work only, well maybe some patio covers as well. Impossible to tell you what to charge if you've never had a lance in yer hand for several jobs. Gotta practice safely on some donor work and work your way up to paying jobs without damaging them. Most the time I make $80-100/hr.

Name
Swani
So it turns out that the ravens nested by this guys house and there are eggs in the nest and you need a permit to move the eggs that takes about 2 months to get. So we are just going to wait till they hatch so we can move the nest and then wash the house. This will give me some time to study up on procedures.

steve_64

All this talk got me motivated to clean my gutters patio and sidewalk.
Tried the bleach product from Lowe's but still ended up hitting it with about 600 psi and a yellow tip.

Took about 4 hours last night.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Looks good, did you run a spinner on that?

Just a long lance one stone at a time while trying to stay clear of the poor joints.

I use a high pressure ball valve on the end of my hose before the lance and tie the trigger valve open to make it easier.

Still tedious work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom