I don't know why I became a carpet cleaner

G

My girlfriend was in a messy divorce. Her husband basically abandoned his family and 90% of his belongings to move from NY to FL last year. Three Sanitaire Extractors were left behind and became legally her property in May 2009. One was the SC6080 a 9 gal. box cleaner. What I call the "beast" is a Sanitaire SC6090 17" self contained machine. 90% of the time I use the SC6080. I do service two restaurants that were his old accounts every other month. I have to roll it up and down a plank to get it out of my minivan. I can say it is fast, but nothing else would be nice. I paid $500 for the SC6080 and $700 for the SC6090. I gave her $150 for the Sanitaire SC6070 spot cleaner with 3" nozzle.
I spent 10 years working full time as a desktop publisher for a weekly newspaper. Since 2007 I have been part time. Some weeks as little as 20 hours a week. I started doing this to help my friend and make some money for myself.
My business has mostly been what he abandoned. It has been as good as my old part time job for the pay. I am working on brochures and a door hangar for advertising. I have purchased four ads in my other employer's newspaper. They give me a 30% discount. The ads haven't worked as well as I expected...???

Bob Foster

Your sincerity rings through because you also filled out your profile completely which make all the difference in the world about what kind of help you can hope to receive.

Ask your questions because we would be glad to help.

And WELCOME!

G

Bob Foster said:
Your sincerity rings through because you also filled out your profile completely which make all the difference in the world about what kind of help you can hope to receive.

Ask your questions because we would be glad to help.

And WELCOME!
Thanks. No questions at the moment. I'm sure there will be. The only thing I can say is the work is boring and hard, I need to get more fit I suppose. Boring isn't bad when you can make at least $20 per hour while you work... I can't imagine a kid telling a guidance counselor in high school that the want to become a carpet cleaner. Is it safe to say it isn't unusual to break $40k per year before taxes and after expenses putting in 2000 hours of work? That's my goal for 2010, $40,000. I never did that in my previous career, not even when I found myself averaging about 45 hours per week in 2002-03.

Mikey P

Administrator
Deb

With the right attitude, some common cleaning tricks up your blouse and the right customers you should be able to average $50 to $60 an hour with the same equipment.

keep reading.

Greenie

I wave the flag.

Unless Deb calls Mikey this week I think SlipperyWhenWet is a bot.

Mike:831-588-9063

you got 24hrs before you profile is toast sweetheart.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Deb,

I am a female in this industry and like you, "fell into" an avocation I grew to love.

If you are for real, most here will be glad to give you all the help, encouragment and advice you could ever need. However, they won't waste there time if you aren't the real deal.

Call Mikey, at the number listed above, or myself, if you feel more comfortable talking to a woman 951-218-1600.

Take care,
Lisa

Greenie

Mike, just take a fresh look at it.

Think newbie, then look at the old salt familiar verbage, there are 5 yr. Board veterans that don't have the lingo down that well.

Always trust your gut.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
besides the name "SlipperyWhenWet" and a female poster are pretty enticing to your average horny, middle-aged, CCer.

You can fill out a phony profile using a real company.

but I hope she's real. We need more women in the industry.

Take care,
Lisa

G

Greenie said:
I wave the flag.

Unless Deb calls Mikey this week I think SlipperyWhenWet is a bot.

Mike:831-588-9063

you got 24hrs before you profile is toast sweetheart.

Let it be toast you paranoid nit-wit!
Old Salt? Dude, this isn't rocket science or brain surgery. You can learn enough in 20 hours on the job training to get by. Lingo? What lingo? Get a grip!

Greenie

no love u long time? just take a little talky talky with Mikey...or if your flavor is different, Lisa volunteered.

poof!

-JB-

Name
JB
That's kinda like the tree falling in the woods thing idnit?

Greenie

guess that generated a response....got a PM from her...but it was Deleted before I could read.

still no phone call to Lisa (truckmount girl) eh'

Nick?
Coop?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom