How will Tuesday's outcome effect your buiness and life style?

FredC

Village Idiot
And as far as his statement that "We don't know how to generate nuclear energy cleanly, so the waste that results is too expensive.", he must not be aware of Thorium reactors, which is interesting, because they're well- know and used elsewhere...

Thorium is used in reactors here.

Your vid refers to LFTRs....can you show me where they are used?

FredC

Village Idiot
Here's a good example: Obama gives Brazil $2 BILLION to drill for oil in their own country. Where did THAT money come from? Did you or I agree to it? Does it make sense? And yet, he vetoes the oil pipeline, says "No" to expanded drilling here, and does his best to "bankrupt the coal industry", to use his own words.

Obama did not give Brazil 2 Billion dollars for Brazil to drill for oil.

Ex-Im Bank made available 2 billion in financing for Petrobras to purchase American goods and services.

Ex-Im Bank is an independent agency that is not funded by taxpayers.

It is notable that the Bank's bipartisan Board of Directors unanimously approved the preliminary commitment to Petrobras on April 14, 2009, before any Obama appointees joined the Bank. In fact, at the time the Bank's Board consisted of three Republicans and two Democrats, all of whom were appointed by President George W. Bush.

http://www.exim.gov/newsandevents/u..._Purchases_of_US_Goods_and_Services-web-1.pdf

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
In my family the only people that are Democrats and vote that way work for the government. They just can't stand to think they would have to give up what they get FREE even if it will kill America. Really they won't have to give up much, just ask to throw in a very little(in comparison to everybody else).
Keith,
Your family, as well as other families are intelligent thoughtful people and are likely to resent your statement.
Is that all the credit you are willing to give them?

Evidently you are not voting Obama. I am not assuming, as a result, that you won't vote for him because he happens to be an African American and that you are a racist. My assumption is that you have given it a lot of thought and that you reached the conclusion that Romney will do a better job. That you agree more with his philosophy of governing. That you sincerely believe that it will be better for the country.

Give others the benefit of the doubt, they may care about the country just as much as you do.

Last edited:

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Duane.........I know you saw that I quoted the Oil to Brazil part..............

Yes. "Oil to Brazil"...? He "loaned" them $2B to drill offshore in their own territory, so that we could buy from them in the future. Hey, I have a better idea. Keep the money here in the U.S. and promote energy independence research with it.

At our current rate of consumption, we supposedly have more oil here than we can use in the next 200 years and don't really need outside sources for it. How much you wanna bet that before 50 is up, oil will be obsolete?

Able 1

Name
Keith
LOL it seems both our liberal friends have wives that work for the government... " Got to vote Obama or we might lose what should be ours no matter if it cripples our nation, this election is about ME ME ME and not our country", right ofer?... That would be an entitlement BTW it's from the bankrupt state you live in..

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
boy all of you might have promising futures in politics. After digging through all the conspiracy theories and raw intellect that is floating around on this thread I almost forgot most of the people commenting on this thread are glorified janitors ( including my self.) I will restrain my next comment until tuesday. I will say that I have flirted with the idea of voting republican but the tea party and all their social baggage killed that thought on arrival. I was raised by 2 union employed parents and my grandmother was an art teacher I dont ever see myself voting repub to be honest. I just wonder were all this fiscal credibility for republicans came from. I did some resurch on the conservs personal savior ron reagan and it looks like he didnt fare too well on the economy , an average unemployment rate of 7.4% through 8 years of reagan and about the same with bush senior. Myt question is why do we think mitt romeny will do any fiscaly better in the economy when every republican president in my lifetime was horrible on the economy

FredC

Village Idiot
Yes. "Oil to Brazil"...? He "loaned" them $2B to drill offshore in their own territory, so that we could buy from them in the future. Hey, I have a better idea. Keep the money here in the U.S. and promote energy independence research with it.

but he didn't...see my previous post.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
i am glad to see people chose to argue demoralization rather than fact. Please Ofer respond to the truth about the burden that is presenteds to me ibn terms of costs

Greg, you're an intelligent guy. You know quite well that there are a lot of facts out there on which most of us seem to disagree.

That is before we even started arguing about how to interpret those facts.

Vote with your conscience, and assume that the others are not evil.

Hopefully, it will work for you :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
LOL it seems both our liberal friends have wives that work for the government... " Got to vote Obama or we might lose what should be ours no matter if it cripples our nation, this election is about ME ME ME and not our country", right ofer?... That would be an entitlement BTW it's from the bankrupt state you live in..

First, Keith, a correction: I am not a liberal, I am a "bleeding heart liberal."

Second, how low in this thread are you willing to go?

Do you have to make others look bad to feel good about yourself?

Vote with your conscience and assumes that others do too.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
but he didn't...see my previous post.

Fred:

You may actually have me on this one. I saw the bank guarantee info and the mechanics of how it's structured just now.

Still, the point I hold, that we don't need foreign oil, is true.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Keith,
Your family, as well as other families are intelligent thoughtful people and are likely to resent your statement.

Evidently you are not voting Obama. I am not assuming, as a result, that you won't vote for him because he happens to be an African American and that you are a racist. My assumption is that you have given it a lot of thought and that you reached the conclusion that Romney will do a better job. That you agree more with his philosophy of governing. That you sincerely believe that it will be better for the country.

Give others the benefit of the doubt, they may care about the country just as much as you do.

I just asked if your wife worked for the government... is it an embarrassment to you mine works as a receptionist for a dental office(no big deal). It's funny that you compare me to a racist by asking what your wife does for a living. If you vote Obama, that is a death wish for our country! Obama care hasn't even hit yet and we are already throwing trillions around every year... Oh, wait I bet this next stimulus will be for something like "moon power panels" since the others didn't work!

Able 1

Name
Keith
boy all of you might have promising futures in politics. After digging through all the conspiracy theories and raw intellect that is floating around on this thread I almost forgot most of the people commenting on this thread are glorified janitors ( including my self.) I will restrain my next comment until tuesday. I will say that I have flirted with the idea of voting republican but the tea party and all their social baggage killed that thought on arrival. I was raised by 2 union employed parents and my grandmother was an art teacher I dont ever see myself voting repub to be honest. I just wonder were all this fiscal credibility for republicans came from. I did some resurch on the conservs personal savior ron reagan and it looks like he didnt fare too well on the economy , an average unemployment rate of 7.4% through 8 years of reagan and about the same with bush senior. Myt question is why do we think mitt romeny will do any fiscaly better in the economy when every republican president in my lifetime was horrible on the economy

Keep on doing what yall do, Jon

BTW My dad has worked for a union for 45 years now and he is deathly scared of an Obama 2nd term..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That became abundantly obvious when you insinuated that not voting for Obama is all about racism...

Well done Duane:clap:
Here is Keith point:
In my family the only people that are Democrats and vote that way work for the government. They just can't stand to think they would have to give up what they get FREE even if it will kill America. Really they won't have to give up much, just ask to throw in a very little(in comparison to everybody else).

To whose assumption that, anybody that votes different than him has a sinister, self indulgent motive:

Keith,

Mud slinging seem to be the way you operate, Duane. It's a pity.
First Obama is the Devil. Armageddon is soon to come if we vote for him. And now mud slinging.

What's next Duane ?

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Still, the point I hold, that we don't need foreign oil, is true.

If you said energy I might agree with you. Oil...no.

Unless you are one of those that doesn't consider it foreign as long as the people selling it aren't speaking Arabic.

Find the best estimates you can for all US reserves (proven, unproven, etc) and divide it by our consumption.

Then explain your theory to me

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
If you said energy I might agree with you. Oil...no.

Unless you are one of those that doesn't consider it foreign as long as the people selling it aren't speaking Arabic.

Find the best estimates you can for all US reserves (proven, unproven, etc) and divide it by our consumption.

Then explain your theory to me

What did you find on that or "those" active U.S. Thorium reactors, Fred?

Able 1

Name
Keith
First, Keith, a correction: I am not a liberal, I am a "bleeding heart liberal." Most are when they have sooo much of OUR money to lose!

Second, how low in this thread are you willing to go? Not sure it went low till you mentioned racism... Kind of the way you guy's roll,right?

Do you have to make others look bad to feel good about yourself? Not at all, just call it like I see it, and how I see it you look bad(that's all)!

Vote with your conscience and assumes that others do too.
:lol::lol: Will you call them racist it they don't vote your "I should have everything cause my wife works for government" way?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ofer I value your friendship but I honestly can't understand your believing the lies about Romney. The man is leader and a fixer and he does it because it is the right thing to do. He made nothing from the Olympics or from being a governer and he will profit nothing from being president. I can also guarantee he won't be golfing and taking vacations when he should be working. Just those reasons should have you voting for Romney but if you need more Romney has always been proud of America as has his wife. He is running to serve America not his party or his cronies he owes as he owes no one. He doesn't have to do this his status and bank account isnt dependant on being a public leach.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Well done Duane:clap:
Here is Keith point:

To whose assumption that, anybody that votes different than him has a sinister, self indulgent motive:

Mud slinging seem to be the way you operate, Duane. It's a pity.
First Obama is the Devil. Armageddon is soon to come if we vote for him. And now mud slinging.

What's next Duane ?

So, race didn't come up here until you brought it up. Reminds me of the old political "trick":

"I'm not saying that my opponent is a thieving scoundrel..."

But what you did infer is that as long as you evaluate (i.e., "judge") someone who's NOT voting for Obama to have thought about it enough, they're "not racist".

Everyone else, by inference, is, then...

I don't think that Obama supporters are sinister... They're just limiting their frame of reference to the point that they can't confuse their position with the facts of his track record.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Name 1 currently in operation in the U.S.

Referring to the above. You say that Thorium is used here.

The video is a primer / overview on Thorium and Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors, that I think depicts it briefly and clearly enough for most people to take the time to watch- unlike the longer vid's on the subject..

My point is that this technology, which the Prez seems to have no real awareness or knowledge of, is not "new", and has major advantages over the nuclear that we now use.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Referring to the above. You say that Thorium is used here.

OK...was Duane.

That isn't my point.

Using Thorium in traditional reactor designs does not provide the benefits shown in your video. Why do you think it isn't used if it did?

LFTR is a different design. There are not any in operation anywhere..............

Your post was a vid on LFTRs and the benefits and then the statement "which is interesting, because they're well- know and used elsewhere"...

which is wrong

Able 1

Name
Keith
Im affraid if romney wins. I am affraid the far right tea party fanatics will push their crazy social agendas further than they already have. I live in Missouri home to todd akin or as most of you have heard the "legitimate rape" guy

Crazy social agendas?? LOL

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ouch John, that hurts. I can take cheap shots from Keith and Duane :razz:, I expect differently from you.
And I value your friendship as well.
Where the hack did you take that? Did you read my posts on this thread?
Please go back and read them and don't put words in my mouth that I did not say:
Here is what I said:

I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder Duane.
I find Romney to be a whole lot scarier.
He is a business person only in the sense that he made money through financial transactions. As far as I know he never manufactured anything. In other words he's a Wall Street guy.

And since when is the country a business venture?
Yes, it still need to be run financially well for which I don't think Romney qualifies better than anybody. Unless, of course, we are planning on buying some country on the cheap, fire most of the citizens and sell later at a profit. Maybe that's what we tried to do in Iraq. So far, didn't work that well.
Zee,
I agree. Obama didn't have a lot of experience and I am sure he would have been a better president, had he had more.
However, nobody had enough experience to deal with what was at hand. And neither does Romney. Unlike what Romney thinks, the private sector is not the answer to every ailment and government is not the enemy. And what is his real position on anything, anyhow?
Demonizing the party or candidate you don't like is engaging in fear politics.

Fear politics sucks!

I am a democrat but I don't demonize Romney. I don't like him. Won't vote for him. But I think he is a well meaning decent guy. Making Obama seem like the devil is cheap.
Using fear as motivation is cheap.

All of the above statements I stand behind, John. None is derogatory.
You may feel different about Romney and I respect that. I hate fear politics, misquoting and doing so out of context, mud slinging and lies. Coming from individuals and parties alike.

Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
OK...was Duane.

That isn't my point.

Using Thorium in traditional reactor designs does not provide the benefits shown in your video. Why do you think it isn't used if it did? Maybe because solar and wind is working out sooooo good?

LFTR is a different design. There are not any in operation anywhere..............

Your post was a vid on LFTRs and the benefits and then the statement "which is interesting, because they're well- know and used elsewhere"...

which is wrong

John Olson

Name
John Olson
This Ofer is a Lie
"And since when is the country a business venture?
Yes, it still need to be run financially well for which I don't think Romney qualifies better than anybody. Unless, of course, we are planning on buying some country on the cheap, fire most of the citizens and sell later at a profit. Maybe that's what we tried to do in Iraq. So far, didn't work that well."

Bain capital invested in and helped companies grow. Some succeeded beyond anyone's imagination (staples) some failed. Some where purchased and re-sold or dismantled. That's business it would be great to keep a failing business out of the goodness of your heart but if you have cancer in your dominate hand you don't keep it and die you cut it off and save he body. Those are hard choices and having someone that has made those and understand the responsibility and weight of making the hard decisions and has the fortitude to make the hard choices even if it means hardship is what we need now more then ever.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What is the lie John?
That the country is not a business venture?
It isn't.

That Romney wasn't the head of Bain Capital?
He was.

You believe that he did it out of the goodness of his heart and I believe that he did it for profit. Nothing wrong with profits. I just don't think that the country is a "for profit organization."

Romney believes that people in need should be supported through private sector and private corporations donations. I don't trust them.
That's OK, you don't trust the government.

Yes, I agree, we have some hard choices to make that require fortitude even if it means hardship.
I just think Obama will make better decisions.

Is that a lie too?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We are the worlds largest economy so yes it is a business the worlds largest business. Why you think a failed lawyer who has never lead anything but protests is better suited to be the most important CEO in the world just baffles me. Look at Obama's recorded. He has done nothing except impose the greatest tax on the American people ever imposed. Yes things didn't get worse and yes Osama is dead but Obama didn't have a damn thing to do with it we got him because of the policies and the people Bush and Cheney sent after him. Obama just happened to be in office when the trigger was pulled. As for the country pulling our boot straps up and doing what we have to do is why we diet get worse except in areas where people expect the government to do it for them. Why Utah is thriving and business are leaving ca in droves and moving here. Ok I'm done for the night :) good night

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom