How can someone stay in business with this?

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
Royal Man said:
[quote="Out Of Character":3m0ixvm1]One of my guys worked for a company in Chicago that would do $10 a room and included most stuff for that price. Scrubbing was $5 extra per room. They would do 12-16 jobs everyday with one van. He said they averaged about $700 per day and %30 went to the crew.

I'd rather just do 2 jobs per day to get to the same $700 and be done by 1:00

You don't have to be a price merchant to be a carpet cleaner.[/quote:3m0ixvm1]

no doubt,,,quality over quantity any day!!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I schedule different times depending on the work.. I'm sure my quality is much better than most of you I don't charge enough I know..

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I worked for a company..2 room hall and stairs for 60.00. I would get 12 and pray for a tip. Their equipment, their custy..my gas..and my ass. I am soooo happy those days are long gone..but I needed it to make me hungry. I charge 75 just for a staircase now..
They did a lot of volume..had ladyies in the office pounding the phones harassing people for appointments..and spent a lot of money on advertising with like valpak etc..
No prespray..and watered down cheap soap. But they made money..i dont know how, but they did.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I did a coupon like that hit 3300 homes and did one! I will hit the same Area in a month with no advertised price. Although the $89 bit with 300 sq ft max
Oops good on paper! I guess coupons are about volume?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Dave I think you gave some advice back a few months ago that running once wouldn't get the results. You had to run more than that. Any ways I thought the main reason I had such poor return was because it had prices on it. I thought I would do in home est with te next one! Not sure though. The $89 dollar bit seemed catchy.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It may work.
I'm just not much of a fan of cold direct mail or shotgun marketing. I'm more into targeted groups that are aligned together as members of a affiliation and contacting them through their alliances.

No postage (usually no printing) and it warms up the marketing since it is thru a group they all already belong to.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
its easy for those cheap cleaners.
clean and deodorize by throwing the cleaning solution AND the deo in the water, clean and deo at the same time
Miz the protector at 1oz/gal and spray it down.
The guy could probably get through a whole house in less than an hour.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
greentech said:
joeynbgky said:
I have 3 rooms and a free hall deal for 79 bucks. I make good money at them..
hjklhgytfdfcfy.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

From the minute you pull up to the house, till you are packed and paid, how long does it take you to do the 3 room, free hallway deal?

By myself, setup, pre-vac, pre-spray, agitate, HWE, pack up, it would take 2 hours.

Do you carry water on your truck?

Ron here is his time frame. I'm sure he is downing a great job! Not everyone charges a arm and leg for their services. Some just find it hard to believe they can charge more.

Even I would like to get aboutn.10 more for what we are providing.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I described how I was doing it when I first started back in 1992. I made 20% of those numbers. We never had the time to prevac or prespray, nor we we even taught to.

2hrs for $80, would need to keep busy. A week of consistent work would pay bills, not much left over for profit

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ken Snow said:
That is around our prices. Cheerleaders and profit can def be made.
If you've got 10+ guys out there bustin their ass

an owner/op in an 8hr "work" day, not including travel time, 5 jobs at $80=$400 days x6 days a week = $2400/week
Now he/she just has to maintain that pace for however many weeks needed. Yeah, it could work.

working 5days would give him $2000/wk, $8k/mth, 96k/yr. Depending on his budget, could easily be profitable, but physically would be demanding. Thats a hec of a pace to maintain and wouldn't really leave much to hire a helper (say 20k/yr minimum)

If you've got 10 guys out there cleaning at that price paying them 40-50k/year, VERY profitable, for the employER.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Additional sales on the phone or in the home (rooms, furniture, tile, topical treatments will brimg the avg ticket way up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Connor

Name
Connor
There are sooo many guys offering ridiculous rates that customers just don't believe it when they read it.

Ken, what does your cleaning at that price include? Prevac, prespray or just emulsifier?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It gets our customers "The best service they have ever had by any company for anything". This is what 1000's tell us every year and that is what matters to me and my team.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Ken Snow said:
Additional sales on the phone or in the home (rooms, furniture, tile, topical treatments will brimg the avg ticket way up.

How do they have time???

Ken Snow said:
It gets our customers "The best service they have ever had by any company for anything".
Doesn't say much for the other cleaners in your areas shiteatinggrin

That said, and knowing what it really takes to actually clean a carpet, I understand you're running a busn, trading a service for $'s to pay your employees and your own bills. In that regard, as long as the customer is happy with your service.... They might not do their "best" but its "enough" to get the job done. Many cleaners have cleaned that way for years, never knew any different.

Just never start "really cleaning", hard to go back once you know the difference.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
[quote="Ron Werner] an owner/op in an 8hr "work" day, not including travel time, 5 jobs at $80=$400 days x6 days a week = $2400/week
Now he/she just has to maintain that pace for however many weeks needed. Yeah, it could work.

working 5days would give him $2000/wk, $8k/mth, 96k/yr. Depending on his budget, could easily be profitable, but physically would be demanding. Thats a hec of a pace to maintain and wouldn't really leave much to hire a helper (say 20k/yr minimum)

[/quote]

That looks a lot like my numbers. Yes it is physically as well as mentally demanding and most people can't hack it. (So to speak.) But I like it and so do my customers. And if I hired a helper I could do 50% more gross and that would leave plenty of room for a 20/hr helper. It's all about efficiency and not spending hours prevaccing every grain of sand out when you have a TM right there that will do that for you.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Art Kelley said:
when you have a TM right there that will do that for you.

If I knew that were true I would have given up vacuuming a loooong time ago.

I'm not after "every" grain, just the significant ones that the truck leaves behind; the stuff I don't even know are there till I pass it with a dryvac.

erick herdt

12 carpet cleaners in GB?? Are you on Black Tar Heroin?? Loook in the phone book, Last glance, it was closer to 30. think of everyone who isn't listed in there... like me!

over 50K in commercial yer first year? in janitorial? or carpet cleaning?? I didn't even pull them numbers from Pro One before I got out of it. you are doing less CC'ing than I did, and making twice as much??

Wife?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom