Home Show

Ron K

We are doing a local Home Show probably up to 2000 people. Anybody have any ideas that have worked in the past? Someone told me have a regular raffle to get info then have a special raffle to get their E Mail Address. We are mainly doing this to tell people about our new Rug Cleaning plant. We will have food and music even maybe some entertainment. A video, pictures and stuff from our shop. We will have some give away's but can't afford to give everyone a quart of spotter. This is my first post so make it hurt so I come back for more.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do the Home Show thing every chance we get. In fact we have one this weekend and then again at the end of the month.

I’d recommend buying some nice carpet and put a good pad beneath it. Wear comfortable shoes, your feet will get tired long before the rest of you does.

We buy suckers from Sam’s Club for handing out, a lot of people don’t want to make eye contact, they are afraid you’re trying to sell them something. The suckers help loosen them up.

We also take premiums but save them for people showing an interest. Be sure to keep premiums on the back table, some people don’t control their kids and some adults think it’s trick or treat time.

We will also take a box of coffee mugs, these we keep under the table, for existing customers that visit the booth. It’s something no one else gets but them, lets them know they are appreciated. Good time to tell them thanks for all their business over the years.

We burn a CD showing some of the jobs we have done and the services we provide. Using a large monitor people can walk by and see who you are and what you do without making any commitments to talk.

Don’t forget a show special or discount coupon, giving them another reason to use your services.

Take advantage of any down time to make new contacts and visit the other booths. A coffee mug or coozie filled with candy makes a nice ice breaker.

We buy tickets prior to the show to give out to your very best clients.

We will call or email them that we are in the show and if they would like a pair of complementary tickets they can pick them up at our office or we will even drop them off. (It makes a good excuse for our marketing person to visit them)

Even if they don’t want any, at least they know you’re in the show.

Good Luck!
Richard

Ron K

Thanks Richard I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I do like the idea of something special for my clients. For a give away we were going to offer a coupon for
a complimentary bottle of spotter with each cleaning 4oz for up to 4x6 and up to 32oz for larger pieces.
Thanks again,
Ron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom